Slave to the Rhythm

What's Hot
Nice vid by Warren Hyatt. Interesting process. Threw most of the orchestral arrangement away... :o

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Excellent vid.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3549
    Sneaky insertion of 3/4. Never noticed before.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I was expecting Sly and Robbie but I think she did one album with them and one with Trevor Horn et al. 
    Part way through - unexpected sighting of a Boss HM2. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    One day of recording, weeks of editing.  :)
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    I was expecting Sly and Robbie but I think she did one album with them and one with Trevor Horn et al. 
    Part way through - unexpected sighting of a Boss HM2. 
    Sly and Robbie did four albums, the phenomenal Nighclubing, Warm Leatherette and Living my Life. All brilliantly engineered and produced. Walking in the Rain played loud on a quality system blows me away every time. Those albums really were peak Sly and Robbie. The fourth album was Hurricane which was garbage. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    Nice to see a fellow Madeira guy (Luis Jardim) in the recording.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2594
    Fabulous track.  I learned the bass part for a cover band back in the day. One thing I remember is that, at least on the version we covered, there were two bass guitars for a bit at one point later in the song. I assume what had originally been two separate attempts at the bass part had been left to overlap for a few seconds. 
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Brilliant video, thanks for sharing. I'd always assumed this would have been hyper surgically produced, but it sounds like they actually went with the flow on a number of important elements of the track. The production is a lot more basic than I'd expected, which makes me think it's probably musical genius rather than production values which make it so striking. 
    I think it's a good job he had his bass part replaced, judging by his guitar part, which is kind of shambolic. But maybe that contrast to the rest works.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Whjats going on with the monitor on the left, has he greenscreened himslef onto his own studio?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Had this on in the background and jesus god this is a very 80s track isnt it? 

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ