SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gretsch 5445T Electromatic Double Jet, Black w/ Filtertrons

suitablyswellsuitablyswell Frets: 80
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
A battered beauty of a cheap Gretsch here. Rescued from a previous owner who wasn't just a heavy handed strummer but also apparently like to chuck it around onstage. When it came to me it was in a sorry state with numerous chips and dings, non-functioning electrics stripped of the original Blacktop pickups and associated large rings, the genuine Bigsby, and half the knobs. Despite all this the headstock and neck somehow survived intact and the nut and frets were in good shape, so I cleaned it up, oiled the fretboard, sourced some genuine Gretsch Filtertrons, pickup rings (smaller than the originals), replacement pots and knobs and put it back into working order. 

Now it has a cheap Chinese Bigsby copy that functions surprisingly well, intonates perfectly and has pleasingly smooth and low action with 10s that is better than pretty much all of my other (often much more expensive) guitars. Sadly I don't have the space to keep hold of it and it was the last one in the door, so it needs to be the first one to go.

These usually go for £325-400, but considering the numerous scratches and dings (all detailed below) and the lack of genuine Bigsby, I'm looking for £275 ONO please.

Collection only from Aberdour, Fife - unless you want to pay for me sourcing a cheap hard case as well as fully insured postage. I can also deliver to central belt Edinburgh/Glasgow way for fuel money (which isn't as cheap as it used to be, inevitably).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments