SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted! Thanks all

What's Hot
aconitethrillaconitethrill Frets: 88
edited May 2022 in Guitars £
As per title, I'm looking for a Strat in an interesting colour... your definition of interesting may vary, but all options considered! 

Preferably maple board with medium jumbos, and condition is going to be quite important here as it's the finish I'm really looking for so unfortunately I'm probably going for case queens. I appreciate it's pretty unlikely!

Budget will vary depending on model, but I'm not for anything from the Custom shop - let's try US factory downward (in terms of RRP) and go from there. 

Based in Manchester. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    I'm thinking of selling this Fender Player Strat in Electron green (well, wasn't really until I saw your post). It ticks the interesting colour box but not really the case queen one. There's a few dents in the finish on the rear of the lower bout. Hard to notice until it catches the light though (see photo below). Based in Stockport too so not far from you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1495
    edited April 2022
    Fender Ltd Ed Player Stratocaster MN Electron Green Is pretty interesting!

Edit: no way Jim, posted this before I saw your comment!
    Ha, I noticed that. Great minds!
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 281
    edited April 2022
    That's my favourite colour, if I didn't already have a charcoal frost metallic strat, I'd be interested lol Jim54 said:
    I'm thinking of selling this Fender Player Strat in Electron green (well, wasn't really until I saw your post). It ticks the interesting colour box but not really the case queen one. There's a few dents in the finish on the rear of the lower bout. Hard to notice until it catches the light though (see photo below). Based in Stockport too so not far from you.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4824
    As per title, I'm looking for a Strat in an interesting colour... your definition of interesting may vary, but all options considered! 

Preferably maple board with medium jumbos, and condition is going to be quite important here as it's the finish I'm really looking for so unfortunately I'm probably going for case queens. I appreciate it's pretty unlikely!

Budget will vary depending on model, but I'm not for anything from the Custom shop - let's try US factory downward (in terms of RRP) and go from there. 

Based in Manchester. 
    I'd be tempted to look at a new Player Strat.  I got one from Guitar Village in their sale for £512.50 in Tidepool and it is a brilliant guitar, not just for the price but generally.  There's a few sales on now and you can pick up most of the colours for under £600.00 and there's some nice custom colours too, for a bit more, if you shop around.

Tidepool is a very classy colour, so I got a Tele to go with the Strat

Used prices are ridiculous at the moment being almost level with new in many cases.

Fender Player Stratocaster LIMITED EDITION  Surf Green MN image 1

Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Green Electric Guitar image 1

Fender Limited Edition Player Stratocaster Ebony Fingerboard Ferrari Red image 1

Fender Nile Rodgers Inspired Player Series Stratocaster wChrome Mirror Pickguard image 1

Fender Player Stratocaster Capri Orange  Maple image 1
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • aconitethrillaconitethrill Frets: 88
    edited April 2022
    Thanks for the recommendations - I'll take a look at the current crop of Player Series options!

Irritatingly on the Electron Green, I already own this G&L so that's basically the one colour I do have covered! Thanks though!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • foskfosk Frets: 163
    Are you anything to do with the old band Aconite Thrill?
    Thanks for the recommendations - I'll take a look at the current crop of Player Series options!

Irritatingly on the Electron Green, I already own this G&L so that's basically the one colour I do have covered! Thanks though!

That black scratch plate really does go with the colour.
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    1995 USA Standard Stratocaster?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 537
    I have a Fender Classic Player '60s Vegas Gold Sparkle for sale in clean collector condition borderline New Old Stock if it hadn't has the stickers and cellophane off the scratchplate. I'm after good money as they're rare as hens teeth and case included (on 250 in the world), but I could come down a fraction on my price. 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 621
    2015 american special surf green with white p/g maple neck large headstock texas specials... mint
  • Thanks all - sorry, it's been a busy few days at work! Nothing there quite ticking my boxes but appreciate the suggestions!
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 280

This is quite a tasty combo - looks even better in real life. FSR Sonic Blue Player Strat, with roasted maple neck. Replaced the pickups for Oil City Stone Tones and added the aged plastics. It's the only non-HSS Strat I own and might be tempted to part with it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom