Torque problem

I am looking for a torque screwdriver or wrench that will take a long 4mm Allen bolt and tighten to 25inch/pounds. I have looked on Amazon etc and find it totally confusing and expensive! I think I will have to cut the angled section of a long Allen key but I just need something to hold it and set it to the required torque. Any ideas would be very welcome. Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 500
    Wouldnt one of the bike maintenance torque wrenches do it ?   My Planet X torque wrench kit has a 4mm Allen key in the set.   I might be misunderstanding what you need though! 
  • Thanks for that, I have had a look at the Planet X it would be OK for one of the bolts but I need a socket that will take a long 4mm key. I will have a search on Amazon, your input is appreciated.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1274
    For that torque range, most torque wrenches will be 1/4" drive.
    You can get long allen bit sets, but only in 3/8" drive, so you could use a 1/4" to 3/8" stepup adapter.

However easiest/cheapest option would be a 4mm 1/4" drive socket, then cut up an allen key.
  • m_c said:
    For that torque range, most torque wrenches will be 1/4" drive.
    You can get long allen bit sets, but only in 3/8" drive, so you could use a 1/4" to 3/8" stepup adapter.

However easiest/cheapest option would be a 4mm 1/4" drive socket, then cut up an allen key.
    Thanks I’ll look for one .