SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Iron Gear Volt Active Humbucker Set

Hi folks,

Have owned a set of these for several years and really keen to pick up another set.

Are there any out there for sale?

Thanks
Mike
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 684
    @dougfatheruk ;
    I have a set of these in a modded black Ibanez RGR321 that I was hoping to sell as complete guitar. Don't suppose that would be of interest?! It has black locking tuners, a brass nut and all electronics were replaced with the Volt actives. Neck sanded and oiled and frets levelled and crowned at same time. I gigged it a couple of times before lockdown but it has sat on a stand and in the wardrobe since because I discovered I still prefer passives (I have used passive for nearly 40 years and just don't feel right without them). Not to mention I have too many other guitars anyway...

JB
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I guess I could possibly consider a guitar depending on price and particularly the bridge, can't do the budget Floyds.

Is it this one?

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/RGR321EX

Can you give me condition, rough specs etc. Love Ibanez, even their budget models but their stock pickups have always horrendous.

Cheers
    Mike
  • Been
    That's the one yes. And completely agree on the stock pickups!

It's got a hard tail on it - thankfully not that monstrosity in the picture on that link. I'll grab it out tonight, sort some pictures for you and see what you think. Leave with.

If you are handy with your own nuts (!) I could throw in a spare Black TUSQ XL blank for you as well if you prefer that to the brass.
  • Thanks Jason.

I’ll look forward to receiving.

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike

I'm not going to get to this tonight so hang in there. 
  • It’s fine, honestly no rush. Just zap it over when you can. 
  • Thanks Jason.

I’ll look forward to receiving.

Cheers
    Mike
    Hi Jason,

I've got my EC1000 booked in for a rewire / setup today to put the passive pickups back in but if I can source some more Volts I might just keep this guitar as active.

Sorry to push but if you can send me some pics ASAP and an idea of asking price I'd be really greatful.

Thanks
    Mike

@dougfatheruk : PM sent Mike