How can I create a reverse dealy without a reverse delay pedal?

What's Hot
SpikeedogSpikeedog Frets: 43
edited September 2014 in FX

I am slimming everything down to a few pedals. I'm using the TC Electronic Nova system with a separate wah for modulation effects.

We do a couple of numbers with reverse delay solos and I convinced myself that I can create a similar sound with some slow attack and swell or using vibrato or somat - anybody got any ideas. Not worth adding a pedal for 2 short solos......

I do have a volume pedal but I would need a lot of practice and great timing to nail it with that and the short travel on these I find frustrating....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Behringer do a slow gear clone?
  • thanks #ThePrettyDamned . I'll have a look.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Play the bits a little later and backwards.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    edited September 2014
    Let me get back to you on that ......... Later.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    You can't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • A volume pedal, used in an expressive way, like a wah, would definitely work. Depends which volume pedal you have though. The Ernie Ball ones have quite a large sweep, or you could of course buy a cheap crybaby shell and make it into a volume pedal?

The Behringer Slow Motion is a decent pedal for the money, not very rugged but it's adjustable and sounds decent for the £20 odd quid it costs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If you're considering getting a Slow Gear type of deal, why not just get a dedicated delay pedal for this job, one that has reverse?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    edited September 2014
    Line 6 M5? One stomp box, but you can have anything you might want as a one off for a song. It's got a reverse delay, and an auto volume swell which works pretty well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Yup. There you go. Get one o them!
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    It'll actually *save* you money as well. Many times I have messed around with an effect that I've quickly got bored with. Imagine if I had to buy a boutique pedal each time? I reckon I've saved £2,345. You might be able to get a few more guitars...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27141
    edited September 2014
    Zoom MS70CDR does it rather well, as does the Flashback/Alter Ego.

Although you could just do it like I do - fretwrap to mute the open strings, then tap notes with your left hand while your right hand is on the volume control. It's actually easier to get the timing right like that, you just have to learn to get consistent volume out of the strings.
    <space for hire>
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Yeah get an m5 or a zoom
  • Just selling the line 6 m13 so I'm not really keen to add another pedal but it might come to that. I like the idea of the Jeff Beck style use of the volume control. It'll take a bit of practice but life's for learning. ...
  • danodano Frets: 1614
    Does the Nova System not have a reverse delay setting ? My Nova Repeater does.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    turn it upside down?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No the Nova system doesn't have reverse delay but I did wonder if anyone had been able to create something like it by creative use of the parameters and maybe some kind of vibrato or tremolo setting.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    my favourite is the SSMwH which has a great reverse, nice for those Scofield licks where reverse is kicked in halfway through
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • I did have the Nova Repeater which was great but sold it - maybe too hasty with the downsizing but the Nova System does just about everything - except reverse!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't know, but I was just thinking that if you split your signal and sent one side through a boss feedbacker type thing and a volume pedal, possibly add an eq pedal and maybe a compressor, or have both channels coming back into a compressor, you might get some cool sounds.

Maybe one for the recording studio. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The chances of my pulling that off at speed with a baying Aberdeen crowd who are well oiled are slim I think. ...