Gorilla Ultima pedal board - any good?

TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
Looking for a pedal board that I can lug around so was thinking of those flight case type ones. I was going to build one but I figure it's going to be a right pain.

has anyone got/seen/used one of these?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gorilla-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-Flight/dp/B00LHYDROO

Any good?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I just got one and I'm pretty sure on inspection that its one of these 

Seems ok , but its definitley NOT going to stand up to a lot of abuse , seems like handy for a small board .

• I have Kinsmann cases that look very similar. 
    They feel a bit cheap but I can stand on one and it doesn't grumble. (Im heavy)

if you want something real strong the spider cases can take a pounding.  
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Yeah, they all seem to be pretty similar. I took a look at the Stagg ones and same deal. Just for home use really, anything more serious and I suspect you would need something a but stronger. Cheers for the info!

• TinLip said:
    Yeah, they all seem to be pretty similar. I took a look at the Stagg ones and same deal. Just for home use really, anything more serious and I suspect you would need something a but stronger. Cheers for the info!
    if its for home use I would go with a shelf or a bit of wood. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2404
    I have Kinsmann cases that look very similar. 
    Interesting. I have a couple of the kinsman ones- I agree that they're a bit cheap and I wouldn't necessarily trust them, but just for home use, to be a bit neater-looking than just having your pedals on the floor, they're ok.

Might get one for my bass pedals if they're the same- they're about £10 less than the kinsman-branded version.
  • Yeah , for tidiness ,I'll  be using mine for rehearsal/small gigs 

^ Yeah I mean they don't feel like they'd necessarily fall apart or anything, but they don't feel super-sturdy either, and you can sort of see/feel that corners have been cut. They're a lot cheaper than most half-decently-sized pedalboards, though. I mean I'd rather use it than something I knocked together myself :))
  • I've had this out and about and I'm quite pleased with it ,definitely glad I got it. 

Decided I'd go with a stagg one as it's a bit smaller and I don't need the extra space. It's not here yet... :))
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I got the Stagg one too, but only because it is bigger! Not too bad, not sure I would risk it in the hold of a plane btu fine for out and about use.

Yeah there are several different stagg ones... I actually wasn't sure whether to go for the smaller one (the upc-500 or something like that) or not, as it's a bit neat for the pedals I have but would save space if I can figure out a way to make them fit. The big one (upc-688?) was only slightly more, too- but then takes up more space and would give me an excuse to buy more pedals I don't need.

Ah well, I'll see if the smaller one fits my pedals when it gets here. :))
  • I did a few gigs with my Kinsman one. Unless you are driving the car over it should be fine. I had to replace the original felt stuff after a bit -Tesco value door mat trimmed to size and some glue.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.