SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone got a UK, hand-wired AC30 Top Boost to sell or trade?

I have a gorgeous 1964 AC30 but it's non-TB and I think I want more of the fizzy stuff.

Treble boosters aren't doing it for me and I'd rather not devalue my amp by adding a module, so it may be time for something new. I can pay cash and sell my amp afterwards if necessary, but would prefer trade or part-ex.

South London.

Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• donslowdonslow Frets: 3
    edited September 2014
    Not hand wired (at least I don't think so) but I have an ac30cc2 with vox alnico blue speakers in it is practically new condition, sound fantastic and has tb "channel"

Any good to you?

• Sorry, not for me.
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
  • NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    donslow said:
    Not hand wired (at least I don't think so) but I have an ac30cc2 with vox alnico blue speakers in it is practically new condition, sound fantastic and has tb "channel"

Any good to you?

still got it?
    I've had that one ages darling
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 135
    Hi Richard

Glad to hear the hum on your AC30 was the TB unit, great result!   :)

You mentioned that you had given up with treble boosters.  I agree, most just don't do it but........have you tried a Flynn OC44?  As you know I also have a '64 AC30 bass and I have been using the Flynn with it for a long time.  They work better than anything else I have tried with the AC30 and give you that natural sparkle.  Before selling your '64 it may be worth a try?
  • Mods, I think this old thread may have been revived by mistake - can it be deleted? 

Guy, I'll answer your question in the 'live' thread.