SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN Fender 60th Anniversary 58RI Jazzmaster

What's Hot
punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1083
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
So I'll probably regret this. Easily the best JM ive played (I know everyone says this) and I went through a lot over the last 8 ish years. 

It's a 60th anniversary 58RI in nitro two tone sunburst. Ash bodied. It's also very much not been stuck in it's case. Very much a player's guitar, lots of little dings, scratches and a few bigger areas of the finish being worn through. It has the super thin finish the AV line had so basically loses paint if you even look at it funny. I can get more detailed pics of the worst offending areas just ask. 

Original owner put a Doctor Robotnik name tag on the back of the headstock. I haven't tried to remove it and I'm not sure you could without ruining the finish. I like it anyways. 
Also if you're into this sorta thing there are pictures of the guitar in the Handel & Hendrix house (or was no idea if that's still the case) in London. The original owner is/was a guitar tutor there. 

Has been upgraded with a Mastery vibrato, Staytrem bridge and a Mojo WRHB JM sized for the bridge pickup. All the original parts included in the case. The foam under the bridge pickup had to be cut down slightly to fit the WRHB but I've even saved the offcuts cos I'm a sadact. 
Only thing missing are the original black pickup covers. I have no idea what I did with them. If I find them they're obviously included. 

It's been my main guitar for the last two or so years but I'm in need of a change after years of offsets and am finding I'm enjoying teles a lot more atm. 

I don't really know what to price this at. One recently appeared on Reverb for £2000 but admittedly looked way less used. So I'm thinking £1600

Collection only from Peterborough. I'd like you to see and play it and be happy with what you're getting plus I don't currently have a shipping box but I guess that may change soon. 

Anyways. Pics I guess. 

Edit: forgot to say. There is some fretwear mainly to the first three frets but nothing that affects how it plays. 
The nut has also been changed. 

Yea. Now all please talk me out of it. Or buy it. Your choice. 

Cheers. 
Steven. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That is absolutely stunning, the burst on it looks great. I hope it goes to someone who will sell it back to you if the regret sets in! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    I remember wanting this last time it was up. Stunning guitar.
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 404
    Amazingly keen price for a great JM - good luck with the sale (keep it).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7391
    benecol said:
    Amazingly keen price for a great JM - good luck with the sale (keep it).
    My thoughts exactly 
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1083
    Cheers guys. It's a real goodun. 

@Teyeplayer This particular one has never been listed for sale on here but there was another floating about a couple years back I think. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Cheers guys. It's a real goodun. 

@Teyeplayer This particular one has never been listed for sale on here but there was another floating about a couple years back I think. 
    That’ll be it, I must have been looking at that one. It’s a beauty either way, great model. Really wish I could justify it! 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Might have been mine. Lovely Jazzmasters these. GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Bumps
    Bumpage
    I'm a prick. This guitar is amazing. Ignore me. Nothing to see here. Move along. 
    Back FS. I love it but want new bike things. Bikes are bloody expensive. 

• OffsetOffset Frets: 13357
    The guy who gave the lecture on Jimi's guitars at that venue was a JM player and used to demo at trade shows for Fender.  He was extremely knowledgeable and a great player - that may even be the guitar he was playing when I saw him for all I know.  It looks bloody gorgeous - GLWTS (but I'd be hanging on to it...)
    Yep @Offset that would've been this guitar. Nigel Jones is the guy it used to belong to and he definitely used this guitar. He's gradually sold off his offsets other than his Jagstang I think. I have a friend who bought his Cobain Jaguar quite recently. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom