SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2015 PRS SE 30th Anniversary Edition - Trampas Green, Maple Neck, Ebony Board

PhilMPhilM Frets: 280
edited May 2022 in Guitars £
Bought new from Andertons on the 6th of June 2015 (side note - I arranged a private appointment for the morning after it arrived with them - it was still double-sealed in its shipping boxes when they bought it into the room, and it came home with me), this has been my "sofa only" guitar. It's never left the house. It does however have a tiny, impossible to photograph ding on the underside - roughly 2 inches forward from the jack socket. This was present when it was unwrapped at Andertons, so was likely done at PRS EU or the factory. Barely perceptible with a fingernail. They offered to replace it, but this was the only one they had ordered and weren't sure about the availability of a replacement - there were only 100 available across Europe in the Trampas Green/Maple Neck/Ebony board configuration. There are a few marks on the back from having been played, but otherwise, this is a very tidy example. Currently 5th in the playing rotation - it has been in its case under my bed for at least the last 2 years. I'm putting it up for sale because it seems silly having this sat under the bed unplayed. It'll have a new set of 9s on it before it leaves my possession. The modifications listed below are an improvement (IMHO of course) on what was already a fantastic guitar. 

The Trampas Green version of this guitar came with a maple neck and ebony fretboard, while the other colour options got mahogany and rosewood. It also has aged binding on the neck and body.

Modifications from standard:
PRS SE Locking Tuners
Irongear Rolling Mill B+N humbuckers (original PRS SE pickups look and sounded cheap)
Custom wiring with 5-way switch giving plenty of tone options (B H/B - N+B SC - N+B H/B - N SC - N HB)
PRS Lampshade Knobs
Hard case (nothing fancy, just a G4M one) but can supply with original gigbag instead

(Original tuners, wiring, and knobs included if required)

Collection much preferred from Swindon, or somewhere around Didcot or Kidlington can also be arranged. Have enough boxes etc to post if absolutely required but this will be at your cost/risk.

£650 ONO
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Oooof that is tasty. Trampas Green is such a fantastic colour - you'd think it shouldn't work but it really does, especially with a light back/side. It's weird but it always brings to mind a pistachio/almond dessert for me :)

GLWTS!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Super cool

• N2112N2112 Frets: 7
    Love the bound ebony board - really works.
    Not familiar with Irongear PuPs.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    N2112 said:
    Love the bound ebony board - really works.
    Not familiar with Irongear PuPs.
    I have used Irongear P/ups many times over the last 12 years, never been disappointed with any of them, my guess would be that many people on the FB will agree.
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 280
    edited May 2022
    http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_pickups_011.htm

These made the neck position useable. The standard PRS SE neck pickup was woolly and totally unmatched to the bridge pickup. Back then the SE pickups weren’t anywhere near as good as the current ones are - they now get rave reviews. Plus the cream on the zebra didn’t match the binding/pickup rings too well and looked cheap.

I’ve wired the splits with resistors (just like PRS do on the US models) so the single coil selections don’t sound thin and weedy.
    Some additional photos...

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    Oh Man!!

I only opened this thread because I don't like PRS guitars and I thought I could look at a shiny toy without temptation. Alas we often meet our destiny on the road we take to avoid it huh. That's a really lovely looking guitar and a great spec. You're not even far away.....UGHHH  :3
    dazzajl said:
    Oh Man!!

I only opened this thread because I don't like PRS guitars and I thought I could look at a shiny toy without temptation. Alas we often meet our destiny on the road we take to avoid it huh. That's a really lovely looking guitar and a great spec. You're not even far away.....UGHHH  :3
    And I'm at home this evening... ;) 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    Hmmmmm, from what time? Seems I have to be that way. 
  • cosmicnedcosmicned Frets: 44
    Very Nice!  Could well be interested & I’m local too… just hopefully moving on some other musical stuff & will be touch for a gander if it all sells… 
    Sold - pending collection tomorrow morning