SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB 90s USA Standard Tele in SUNBURST/MAPLE

cairobillcairobill Frets: 105
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
Feeler out for a specific tele. 90s US Standard in sunburst/maple under 8lbs. Not too bashed up or with a serious case of flakey-fretboard. Anyone got one they're thinking of moving on?

Heartwarming back story - As a youngster, I saved up and bought one off the shelf on Denmark St in 1990 for 400 quid. Just a beautiful, chimey, lightweight tele that was a wonder to behold. Moving into a shared house in Oxford in summer 1991, it gets nicked and I never see it again. 

Missed it ever since and whenever I play a sunburst 90s Am Standard tele, it's just great...

I've now cleared out my electrics (I'm primarily a bass player) and properly on the lookout for a nice one.

Let me know if you have one you want to move on! N
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cairobillcairobill Frets: 105
    edited September 2022
    Bump
    edited September 2022
    90s Tele quest is back on!
  • Quest still on.

There are, of course, a lot about but I'm after sunburst with a maple fretboard, under 8lbs and in pretty good shape. Not too dinged up and without an overabundance of the classic 'fretboard flakeage'

let me know if you have one!
    edited November 2022
    On the hunt for a very specific tele
  • Another bid for a tasty American Standard Tele in sunburst/maple that ain’t tooooo heavy
  • Another twitch on the rod for a very particular guitar ooer missus...
  • And a bump for this tele want