SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson Les Paul Standard

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2076
edited May 2022 in Guitars £
Lovely Les Paul Standard from early 2000, everything you would expect from a decent Les Paul really it plays great, it sounds great... it is great!!

It's in good all round condition just some lacquer lifting on the headstock which I have seen on a few Gibsons from this era and one small ding to the side of the body.

Weight: 10.1lbs

Looking for £1800 posted or would consider trade/px cash either way

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3332
    Do you realise just how much people would pay to have that headstock appearance  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2076
    @Blaendulais Now you mention it the previous owner said he did it himself in a lab. His name was Murphy or something but I thought nothing of it  =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for a great Les Paul
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4515
    That is so beautiful, good luck with the sale bump
    Thanks @hollywoodrox someone will be very happy with it. Considering what you pay for R8’s R9’s these days I think these older Standards are a bit of a bargain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4515
    CMW335 said:
    Thanks @hollywoodrox someone will be very happy with it. Considering what you pay for R8’s R9’s these days I think these older Standards are a bit of a bargain
    Definitely agree 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15247
    tFB Trader
    @CMW335 -  It's in good all round condition just some lacquer lifting on the headstock which I have seen on a few Gibsons from this era 

As you say that is common 'feature' of many LP's from this era - Some say it is because the hexagnol nuts were to tight - Some say moisture under the facia - Certainly nothing detrimental and I suppose it always looks worse than it is 
  • Weaver85Weaver85 Frets: 93
    edited May 2022
    No dents in frets? Neck straight (other than relief) with no warping? Needs more close up pics of the frets/fretboard. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Weaver85 neck and frets all good I can get more pics later but if interested the best thing to do is pm me with your watsapp or email and I can send you a high res video clip of the whole guitar. I make a point of doing this with anyone not buying in person as it’s much clearer than pics.