Anyone tried Huel?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17877
    tFB Trader
    You guys must hate food to put yourself through these stuff just for some nutrients.  There is 1st world problem and there is this on top.

it’s expensive, it tastes bad, it (can) give you the runs. All for the sake of convenience.  Get up 5 mins earlier and get some oats and porridge with honey? I dunno, this doesn’t seem like a problem need solving.  It will probably work great for places like Africa where all you need is water or war zones or perhaps refugee camps and perhaps the space station.

What's the point of saying this when you clearly have zero idea what you are talking about?

If you had read the thread you would realise:
    It doesn't give you the runs
    It isn't expensive
    It doesn't require milk (it's vegan) or a microwave, or anything that spoils like porridge (unless you mean with water and fuck that)
    It also basically is porridge plus a couple of other ingredients that make it a bit more balanced.
    Lots of people actually like it.

I read lots of comments in this thread from people tried it and doesn’t like how it tastes and lots of comments saying it is expensive?

I did put “can” in quotes because I know someone would say it doesn’t give you the runs, I did read the bit about people did it straight off for 2 weeks hence I put that in quotes…so I already know but you can’t deny other people did bring it up before me.

Every meal is an opportunity to eat something nice, why waste your life eating or shall I say drinking this stuff? It’s like punishment.  I know the busy life style et etc etc, but man…I rather go get a banana.  Which is also cheaper too.

btw I know what Huel is, I know what they are trying to market it as and I know you love it.

It's £1.50 per meal.

That's substantially cheaper than getting a shitty Tesco meal deal and a banana isn't a meal.

If you can point out an alternative with equivalent cost and nutrients that doesn't spoil and doesn't require any equipment to prepare I'm all ears.

I don't love it, it's a useful tool which avoids the previous situation where I would miss meals, or spend large amounts of money on unhealthy shit I didn't like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7122
    edited May 2022 tFB Trader
    I tried it and I was physically sick every time I drank one, so yes I lost weight quite quickly

I think Huel is short for Hipster Gruel. Disgusting sweetened dust
    I think it's called Huel as that's the sound you make when you vomit it up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    edited May 2022
    When we were kids we all wanted to be astronauts, now we can actually eat like one everyone is complaining about it. I might have less trouble getting the lumps out in zero gravity
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07907551

I never knew that from 12 Jan 2012 - 13 May 2017 it was formerly known as BODYHACK LIMITED