SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Fender AV 65 Strat

What's Hot
JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
edited May 2022 in Guitars £
For sale is a Fender american vintage (AV) 65' strat in olympic white. The AVRI series was the predecessor to the american original line and features a more vintage correct spec to its replacement. 

The guitar is in great condition, as it is all nitro it does have some small marks and lacquer checking which I have tried to photograph although this is definitely best seen in the flesh. 

I have replaced the pick guard with a mint green fender pick guard and the pickup covers and knobs with aged white fender parts. The original's are all included and I would be very happy to fit these back on for you if this is what you would prefer. 

The guitar comes with all the case candy as can be seen in the pictures as well as the original fender case. 

I am looking for £1500 or a swap for a Suhr Classic S. 

Thanks for looking! 

https://imgur.com/a/n61ibsz
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Craigeymac86Craigeymac86 Frets: 100
    That's stunning, id be all over that if it didn't have the transition logo! :-(

Beautiful tho dude 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    Thanks @Craigeymac86 , it is a beautiful guitar. I'm sure you could put a sticker over the logo if it bothers you ;)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15018
    PEDANTRY CORNER

1) T'aint no such thing as a Fender AVRI '65 Stratocaster. What you have there is an AV '65. (I have a red one. Nice, aren't they?

2) The bright white stock pickguard is historically correct. Fender had ceased using the green-grey material by then.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @Funkfingers I have updated the title and description to American vintage. I know the mint green isn’t historically correct I just prefer the look, the original white pickguard is included for those that would prefer it to be period correct though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    TTT
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2652
    Thought this would have gone by now :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15018
    Thought this would have gone by now.
    Some punters get unduly hung up about either the 1965 neck profile or the logo typeface. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    Some punters get unduly hung up about either the 1965 neck profile or the logo typeface. 
    Lol. Don’t these have a 7.25 board radius? Some get hung up about that too. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2291
    And its not a telecaster don't some get hung up about that too?  Have a free bump.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol. Don’t these have a 7.25 board radius? Some get hung up about that too. 
    It does indeed have a 7.25 inch radius fret board. might not be for everyone but if you are after a vintage spec'ed 65 strat this will certainly tick that box 
    slacker said:
    And its not a telecaster don't some get hung up about that too?  Have a free bump.
    Thanks for the free bump @slacker ;
    lovestrat74 said: Thought this would have gone by now :D

Thanks @lovestrat74, it is a killer guitar. I have had a few people interested just not anyone who has bitten the bullet yet
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    Paging @crunchman - a vintage spec Strat! ;)  :)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11656
    edited June 2022
    Paging @crunchman - a vintage spec Strat!  

Thanks.  I already have two at the moment though.

That colour is so good though.
    SOLD