SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1960 Silvertone U-1 - VIBE MACHINE price drop

HPhillipsmusicHPhillipsmusic Frets: 194
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
Very tentatively putting this out there to see what interest it piques. This guitar is very dear to me, a 1960 Silvertone U-1, it might be the coolest looking guitar ever in my opinion. A copper-gold with real storied relicing that custom shops could only dream of achieving. 

I bought it and immediately wrote a bunch of songs on it, it just has that quality about it and a feeling of deep, uknowable history. I don't know where it's spent most of it's life - but since I've had it its been invaluable in the studio - nothing else sounds like it. It's jazzy and warm when played clean at low volume, but it will absolutely send even the cleanest of amps in to fuzz heaven if you crank everything up. I'm attaching a link to my bands song below, I wrote the song on this guitar and it's the only guitar track on the song, and believe it or not, the tone is just the guitar straight into a Fender Twin with no pedals - I couldn't believe how much it was driving the amp, you'd be excused for calling me a liar and suggesting there's a fuzz pedal involved. 

It had a refret just over a year ago, done by the brilliant Dan at The Guitar Engineer in Tring, Herts, and plays really beautifully and holds its tuning well. Like many old guitar the tuners can be a bit stiff, but im sure that could be sorted. The wooden bridge gives it such a cool woody sound - unplugged it's loud and resonant, the body is hollow and has a real thump to it. It's currently set up with flatwound strings to lean into the uniqueness it has going on. 

Trying to move house with the missus and little one to somewhere with more room, and sadly thinning the collection is the only way I can afford to do that, as much as it pains me to do. I'm not set on selling this, but if the right offer comes along I'd certainly have to consider. 

I'm pricing it at £1500 £1350 - I dont think there are many examples like this that both look amazing, in that colour, and play as well and have been refretted. I'm open to offers. I'm based in Berkhamsted Herts, can deliver within reason or meet up somewhere convenient for both parties. Comes with a TKL hard case. 

Would consider trades for LP's or SG's as I can get rid of a few more guitars if the right examples of those comes along. 

Many thanks! 
Harry

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments