SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD ELSEWHERE Gibson Les Paul Standard 2002

What's Hot
dave5150dave5150 Frets: 27
edited August 2022 in Guitars £
Hi all,

Well, it certainly is hanging around and I'm wondering whether it is my reluctance to ship combined with being the wrong side of London for most of the country...
Now willing to give it a go so £1500 shipped or £1450 collected.

Looking to sell or trade my Les Paul Standard. It’s generally in good condition with a bit of swirling on the back but nothing major aside from a ding on the end of the headstock.Hardware is slightly tarnished but nothing different to my other guitars of a similar age.

Case is in slightly worse condition from storage under the stairs but just on the ends.
The locking latch is a bit temperamental so it doesn’t get closed but that’s the worst of it. 

Either selling or looking to trade for an SG.
This guitar has a 60’s slim neck and would need an SG with the same. Also looking for the 61 style scratch plate. 
Main reason for sale is fancying a change. Since I've gotten my 335 (a 61 VOS reissue) I don't play this at all. Never owned an SG and have always fancied trying one and can't afford to without shifting something first. All the other guitars are either played more than this (my 335 or my NR Firebird) or not worth anything (all the rest!).
Would also be tempted by a Charvel with cash either way depending on what it was.

Welcome to come and try it out - based in SE London. 

Don't think I've sold anything here but have bought a few bits. Happy to share my two common online selling page account details if you want to check my feedback there.
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dave5150dave5150 Frets: 27
    Bump - have added sale option.
    Based near Blackheath Stardard in Greenwich/Charlton area - currently not keen to ship as I don't have a box for it so collection only for now.

Thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31437

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2504
    That is honestly one of the prettiest Les Pauls I've ever seen! If I were closer to London I'd be offering my CME/Andertons SG for consideration, but alas I am in Birmingham. Best of luck!
    Tim
    timmypix said:
    That is honestly one of the prettiest Les Pauls I've ever seen! If I were closer to London I'd be offering my CME/Andertons SG for consideration, but alas I am in Birmingham. Best of luck!
    I'm actually moving to north Oxfordshire (Banbury area) in about two months so if it's still here then, we can talk...!  :)
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2504
    dave5150 said:
    timmypix said:
    I'm actually moving to north Oxfordshire (Banbury area) in about two months so if it's still here then, we can talk...!  :)
    A short hop down the M40! I can't imagine this will stick around long but keep me in mind if it does :)
    Tim
    Bump!
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2101
    That's cheap for a Standard. Nice figuring too. GLWTS. Can't see that hanging around for long. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

Well, it certainly is hanging around and I'm wondering whether it is my reluctance to ship combined with being the wrong side of London for most of the country...

Now willing to give it a go so £1500 shipped or £1450 collected.
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    Pm’d
    Just to update that I had a go at weighing it as I've had a few people ask.
    Not sure my scales or efforts would pass muster professionally but it came out at around 9 pounds. I would say maybe 9 pounds and 2 ounces as that's the figure that came out the most.
    A few things online suggest Les Paul Standards weigh between 9 and 12 pounds so it is on the lightest side of this but no idea how accurate this data is!
  • nice!
    Hasn't had a bump for a while so... BUMP!
    Up, up and away (hopefully)
  • Craigeymac86Craigeymac86 Frets: 100
    How is this still for sale??
    Tell me about it. I had to look closely to make sure I'm not naked in the reflection of the pickup covers or something else that's putting people off!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FatboylimFatboylim Frets: 14
    Wish I hand an SG to trade with you. Alas only acoustics to trade for it.

It looks like a stunner! 
  • Craigeymac86Craigeymac86 Frets: 100
    dave5150 said:
    Tell me about it. I had to look closely to make sure I'm not naked in the reflection of the pickup covers or something else that's putting people off!
    Lovely looking guitar dude. I've only got a grand saved otherwise I'd make you an offer, Im saving for a gold top with p90s but I can't believe this is still about 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Good deal this is
  • robbs1977robbs1977 Frets: 123
    Message sent