Queen & Adam Lambert in the O2 last night

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
Absolutely fantastic, he's been with them 10 years now (!) and totally owns the role. He pays homage and respects Freddie's legacy, but still has a great time.  It's clear the Brian & Roger still love playing - and wouldn't be touring Queen without AL (It can't be about money !)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Personally I think that he has been brilliant singing that material with Rog & Brian. He is totally the part (unlike that rather weird Paul Rogers thing years back). I'd go and see them for sure if it wasn't so bloody expensive.

I was surprised that Lambert didn't win American Idol the season that he was on, but maybe America wasn't ready to embrace gay winners back then.

They totally did the right thing marketing as 'Queen and Adam Lambert' rather than just announce a new singer for the band. Long may they continue. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    I think he does a great job at filling what on the surface looks like unfillable shoes. 

The billing is smart making it clear that no one replaces Freddie, but this is going to be a slightly different experience. 

There are times when these talent shows make a mockery of themselves. Adam Lambert not winning joins the list of other crazy decisions like Lamar and Becky Hill who were so far ahead of the rest of the field was baffling they didn't walk it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    I only saw Lambert performing for the first time in the jubilee thing at the weekend and I was very impressed to be honest. Difficult job to do without trying (and failing) to be Freddy, but he's certainly got his own thing and it works really well
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    As I occasionally mention my son works for a chain of venues and whilst he isn't on the sales side it becomes apparent which acts sell well. So, no staff freebies for us for Queen and Lambert as there's very much an audience for them still. What would have Freddie wanted? Quite possibly this. May and Rodgers should have gone off and done a side project which we would all now think fondly of rather than a poor resuscitation of Queen. 
    Anyway, glad you had a nice time. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    axisus said:
    I was surprised that Lambert didn't win American Idol the season that he was on, but maybe America wasn't ready to embrace gay winners back then.

I used to watch American Idol in those days, they had some really good contestants for a few years.  Adam Lambert was amazing on his series, he really should have won.  The guy who did win, Kris Allen, seems to still be around but I don't know how successful he is.
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 877
    Saw them on the last tour. Superb show and the sound was incredible.
    Lambert was fantastic. Great voice, great stage presence and clearly a fan of the music.
    Brian May’s guitar sound was the best I’ve heard in 40 years of gig going.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    Should have called it Quims. A tribute to the music of Queen featuring Brian May and Roger Taylor.