James Dean Bradfield - Manics live rig pics

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13736
    Bungle1 said:
    Are you able to elaborate on this a bit? What has he done?
    The worst thing I heard about, was causing a support band to quit his solo tour when he messaged one of the members, publicly on twitter, some pretty rude things about how she should sleep with him, probably when pissed. 

After that he fell out with previous collaborator Catherine Anne Davies (shame as their work was really good) which I believe was a direct result.

About the same time he did a solo gig drunk, and it was a disaster.  I think he has some pretty active demons whirling around in his head.

My understanding was he was a bit of a douchebag to be in a band with, and could be a bit of a nasty prick to the other members.  I think guitarist Dominic Chad still will have nothing to do with him, or music, any more.

He hasn't been accused or or convicted of anything criminal, lets put it that way.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 137
    Bungle1 said:
    Are you able to elaborate on this a bit? What has he done?
    The worst thing I heard about, was causing a support band to quit his solo tour when he messaged one of the members, publicly on twitter, some pretty rude things about how she should sleep with him, probably when pissed. 

After that he fell out with previous collaborator Catherine Anne Davies (shame as their work was really good) which I believe was a direct result.

About the same time he did a solo gig drunk, and it was a disaster.  I think he has some pretty active demons whirling around in his head.

My understanding was he was a bit of a douchebag to be in a band with, and could be a bit of a nasty prick to the other members.  I think guitarist Dominic Chad still will have nothing to do with him, or music, any more.

He hasn't been accused or or convicted of anything criminal, lets put it that way.
    I see. I read an interview with the guy claiming the other members of Mansun conspired to kill him which was an odd read.  
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6948
    Mansun too. 
    Fucking love Mansun.
    If Six isn't the most underrated album of my lifetime, then my full name isn't Rock And Roll David.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mansun too. 
    Fucking love Mansun.
    If Six isn't the most underrated album of my lifetime, then my full name isn't Rock And Roll David.
    Yeah I remember it coming out, the critics had their knives out for Mansun and it got all one or two stars.

I remember listening to a copy I eventually picked up for £6 with trepidation only to find it was a masterpiece.

20-odd years later I find myself dropping dumb money on all the reissues including the big box set that KScope have been kicking out.

I think its harsh that when we discuss great indie guitarists of the 90s its rare Chad gets mentioned, I mean this riff...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Back on topic.

The Manic's big Peterborough gig this weekend has been cancelled due to JDB having Covid.

Just on the off-chance the living legend is a TFB member browsing threads in his convalescence... get well soon James! :)
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 548
    My mates’ brother has teched for the Manics (and SFA) for years - he posted some shots of JDB using a Blackstar Artisan combo at a radio session recently… still sounded like JDB.  
    Seen them tons of times and they’ve always sounded great 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6948
    Mansun too. 
    Fucking love Mansun.
    Yeah I remember it coming out, the critics had their knives out for Mansun and it got all one or two stars.

I remember listening to a copy I eventually picked up for £6 with trepidation only to find it was a masterpiece.

My brother bought Six and played it around the house. 
    First time I heard it, I thought it was nonsense. Pretentious rubbish.
    Second time I heard it, I thought it was nonsense. Pretentious rubbish.

And so it went on, until suddenly the penny dropped and, yes, 'masterpiece' is absolutely the right word.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom