SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Duesenberg Guitar

What's Hot
Dan82DareDan82Dare Frets: 48
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
Looking for a Duesenberg for my next piece, must be in excellent condition with case etc

Looking mainly for Starplayer Tv, Phonic in white or anything with a trem and 2 pickups.

Budget is around £1500

What you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8335
    IMHO, the crown of the crop is the Caribou, but I’ve not played the hollow body models. 
    Caribou is a cracking guitar. 
    Happy hunting

Marlin
  • I've seen one on Facebook marketplace recently. Here it is facebook. com/marketplace/item/1423479938079700/

• Dan82DareDan82Dare Frets: 48
    TheMarlin said:
    IMHO, the crown of the crop is the Caribou, but I’ve not played the hollow body models. 
    Caribou is a cracking guitar. 
    Happy hunting

Marlin
    I haven’t played the Caribou but I am tempted especially in blonde. I’ve had a Starplayer previously and regret letting it go. There are a few about on marketplace but want to see if there’s any stunners out there! 
    That Fullerton that @BGG bought last month was beautiful! 
    If you want to sell that to me for £1500 I’ll be a very happy man!  :#
  • BGGBGG Frets: 699
    I'm afraid that Fullerton is staying put, it sounds awesome, plays real good too.
    Can't wait to gig it, but sadly no gig until July :( joys of playing originals lol.

Keep an eye on eBay ;)
    #thebatesmotelband
    BGG said:
    I'm afraid that Fullerton is staying put, it sounds awesome, plays real good too.
    Can't wait to gig it, but sadly no gig until July :( joys of playing originals lol.

Keep an eye on eBay ;)
    Don’t blame you bud, she’s a beaut! Enjoy
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    Have you thought about looking at the Reverend guitars, a lot better value for your money imo, both brands are Korean made. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    ...both brands are Korean made. 
    Ooooof. Here we go.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4048
    edited June 2022
    Price point determines level of QC, shall we say

edit: in this case I mean, obviously you could do things the Gibson way
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    Hattigol said:
    ...both brands are Korean made. 
    Ooooof. Here we go.
    Dave likes to be obtuse. Those who know, know. ;)
    Have you thought about looking at the Reverend guitars, a lot better value for your money imo, both brands are Korean made. 
    I’ve played a lot of Reverends. The PA-1 was the only one I bought. The thing about Reverend, is they’re built to a price, and you have to play 50 to find the good one. They vary in quality and feel tremendously.

Duseys are a completely different beast, you’d have to play 100 to find a bad one. I’ve never played a bad one. I’ve owned a Paloma and a Caribou, both here spectacular guitars, with bespoke hardware.  They don’t feel built to a price. 
    They are quality. 
    I would honestly say that the Caribou i owned was better than any Gretsch Duo Jet I’ve owned.   And I currently own a VS59 Duo Jet that I really really like. 

The only reason I don’t own the Caribou any more is that the Wally who sold it to me realised they colossal mistake he made, and wanted it back. 

That’s what friends are for :)

• BGGBGG Frets: 699
    Got to disagree. 
    #thebatesmotelband
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    I’ve played a lot of Reverends. The PA-1 was the only one I bought. The thing about Reverend, is they’re built to a price, and you have to play 50 to find the good one. They vary in quality and feel tremendously.

Duseys are a completely different beast, you’d have to play 100 to find a bad one. I’ve never played a bad one. I’ve owned a Paloma and a Caribou, both here spectacular guitars, with bespoke hardware.  They don’t feel built to a price. 
    They are quality. 
    I would honestly say that the Caribou i owned was better than any Gretsch Duo Jet I’ve owned.   And I currently own a VS59 Duo Jet that I really really like. 

The only reason I don’t own the Caribou any more is that the Wally who sold it to me realised they colossal mistake he made, and wanted it back. 

That’s what friends are for :)

Maybe I need to play some more of them then,
    Fair enough, maybe I need to play more. All the best with your search. 
    Back on the hunt again….
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    I might be about to sell mine. The very best Duesy in my totally biased opinion. Ticks only one of your boxes though, it’s the HB/P90 combo. A Caribou in black. 
    dazzajl said:
    I might be about to sell mine. The very best Duesy in my totally biased opinion. Ticks only one of your boxes though, it’s the HB/P90 combo. A Caribou in black. 
    Fire over some pics bro, no harm in having a look! What kind of price are you looking at? 
    The Caribou that @dazzajl is selling is the best I’ve ever played.  I owned it for a while, and think he’s absolutely nuts for selling it. 
    I’d have bought it, but I bought a pile of other stuff from him, so all spent out. 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 742
    tFB Trader
    @Dan82Dare ;I’ve an as new 2021 Doozy Paloma in Catalina Rose Metallic available @ £1799
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    @Dan82Dare ;I’ve an as new 2021 Doozy Paloma in Catalina Rose Metallic available @ £1799
    Sounds great but just not my colour 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 742
    tFB Trader
    @Dan82Dare - no worries. Most of our other Doozy stock is on sale atm. See website for details - delivery is FOC to TFB members
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)