Anyone use ACS pro for IEM’s?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike257 said:
    Sorry to derail the thread slightly. Not totally happy with the Snugs Pro fit with my SE535's. They've said to give them a push to insert the fin part of the sleeve under the ear cartilage but it seems like the bit isn't long enough to go under there. I don't know if a remake would solve it so I'm jumping ship to Cosmic Ears. I want a proper set of IEM's.
    You won't regret it. Cosmic are fantastic and the service is great. 
    Which CE's do you have? Thinking of getting the CE3P's but heard the 6's are amazing. I'm just trying to arrange an appointment to have m ear impressions taken by the only person who can do them in the South but she's meant to be the very best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    mike257 said:
    Sorry to derail the thread slightly. Not totally happy with the Snugs Pro fit with my SE535's. They've said to give them a push to insert the fin part of the sleeve under the ear cartilage but it seems like the bit isn't long enough to go under there. I don't know if a remake would solve it so I'm jumping ship to Cosmic Ears. I want a proper set of IEM's.
    You won't regret it. Cosmic are fantastic and the service is great. 
    Which CE's do you have? Thinking of getting the CE3P's but heard the 6's are amazing. I'm just trying to arrange an appointment to have m ear impressions taken by the only person who can do them in the South but she's meant to be the very best.
    Is that Gisele? She's the go-to person down there. I had mine taken by Cosmic's recommend audiologist, Kinga, who's based up north near them, she does all their in-house stuff. 

I've got the CE6P,  only received them in August - broke them in at Reading/Leeds, and just wrapped a three week European tour mixing monitors on them and I'm absolutely made up with them. The right ear felt a little tight at first and they offered to take them back and rework them, but having lived with them for a month I think I've just got used to them and they're pretty comfortable to have in now so I don't think I'll be sending them back for a tweak. 
  • Yes it is. She’s meant to be really nice as well as the best. She’s done all the famous singers and artists so I think I’m in good hands! Sorted out an appointment for next Monday so looking forward to doing the impressions properly. My first ones wasn’t an open mouth bite block one which explains why the seal and fit isn’t satisfactory.

My initial choice was the CE3P as I’m not mixing or anything. Just need a clear flat eq to play my guitar out my Kemper to backing music and keep time with it. I mean, I will use them live on stage at some point too. Maybe the 4’s may be better for future proofing?  
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Yeah, she's done a bunch of the artists I work with, she's absolutely worth going to see. Cosmic need a second bend impression which a lot of others don't ask for, as they use it to align the drivers more accurately within the earpiece, but she'll no doubt know that anyway. 

If you can afford the jump up to a higher model I'd go for it. They're a big investment but it's an even bigger one to get a better pair from scratch if you change your mind! 
  • I did notice in someone's Vlog she does 2 impressions, it also looks like her ones are far more detailed than the high st store ones. Strange how she's the only person in the London area and its a bit of a trek but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Yeah I want that full bodied deep bass sound so I can perform better live, really feel the music and groove. The CE6P looks like the way to go as I don't want to "settle" for the CE3P. Those are for the entry-level musicians and might be too similar to what I'm using right now. I want that step up. And yes you are right that it will cost more to change to a higher driver model in the future rather than just get the best one I can afford and only do it once!!