Neil Finn & Liam Finn Guitar Rig Tour (2022)

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
Really interesting video and their tech, Marcus Catanzaro, is a very knowledgeable guy (also worked with NF for Fleetwood Mac and does work for Steely Dan). There's a lot going on and I think he 'out-nerds' Mick and Dan :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10103
    Watched it last night. Massive House fan here… bit disappointed Dan didnt get him to play more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    Watched it last night. Massive House fan here… bit disappointed Dan didnt get him to play more.
    Same here but he's such a humble chap, this was probably something very different for him.

Did the tech say he was using 6 or 9 amps with Fleetwood Mac? Maybe he was looking after Mike Campbell's stuff, too.

He is one of the best songwriters 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5119
    edited June 2022
    Neil Finn is one of the finest songwriters and performers who has ever lived (IMHO).
    I first got into them when I went on a driving holiday in the US and that was getting huge airplay (along with "Dominos" by Robbie Nevil and "In The Heat Of The Night" by Bryan Adams) and I've liked them ever since.
    I got to see them on the "Live On Earth" tour and have the CD of the gig. (Crikey - that was 15 years ago!)
    It's interesting that he's just using bog-standard pedals anybody could buy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5119
    Interesting to see the Mel 9 and Synth 9 pedals - I have a Synth 9 and a B 9, which have some great sounds in them.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11722
    Saw them at the Roundhouse on Tuesday night.  It was a good show.
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1121
    Saw them at the Hydro on Friday. Great show. Neil's songs stand against anyone's
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 502
    My older brother had a few of the early-stint albums and they worked their way into my psyche without the band being a favourite.

However, I saw Neil and Tim play a festival when I was older and they absolutely captured the crowd and were fantastically fabulous. I'm sure that my experience was enhanced having been familiar with many of the songs but I think people who weren't were enjoying the experience immensely. They were dead good.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1222
    Six Months in a Leaky Boat is one of my all-time favs. Split Enz amazing.
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 894
    edited June 2022
    If you haven't watched to seven worlds collide documentary with Marr, wilco, Ed from Radiohead and Tim. Give it a play on YouTube. It's very good

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1545
    If you haven't watched to seven worlds collide documentary with Marr, wilco, Ed from Radiohead and Tim. Give it a play on YouTube. It's very good
    Was going to mention it. Fantastic.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 834
    This deserves to be here...

• BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1121
    andy_k said:
    This deserves to be here...

No doubt a handy player, but that solo is pure wank and has no place anywhere near such a beautiful song.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1556
    edited June 2022
    I think this is one of the best rig rundowns I've ever seen.
    Really interesting. 
    I was a bit bemused initially thinking what !?! you need all that stuff to play Crowded House? but ... turns out it is basically overdrive, chorus and delay - with the rest being "stunt" / one off usage effects...?

First time I've heard Neil Finn speak - and there's the Kiwi accent...
    Great to see both the tech and Neil and his co-guitarist explain and demonstrate the rigs as well.

Always interesting to see what the big boys use onstage - there's nothing I'm immediately thinking  - oh my god - I need that to play the Dog and Duck... but really enjoyed that.

And who also couldn't resist picking up a guitar and playing that Esus2 riff for Don't Dream It's Over...?!

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 740
    Another Kiwi accent: Paul Crowther talks about the Hotcake:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited June 2022
    I really enjoyed that documentary and thanks for the heads up. 

What a wonderful concept and vibe and it worked so well with families, partners, kids being a part of it.

With regard to the Tim Pierce vid about his contribution, I was aware he'd played on it but I didn't know which parts were his. The solo that made it to record was 'The One' but just how good was Neil Finn's vocal live on that rehearsal tape?
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 561
    Mick didn’t have much to say did he? I guess there were no Tubescreamers around…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom