Broken pickup tab

The neck pickup of my 7 string is an active Duncan humbucker. I didn't realise when I bought it preowned that one of the tabs had snapped off. Pickup still works fine but of course, I have no way of adjusting the height properly.

Is there a nifty way of "fixing" the problem? I did think of epoxy resin and guitar picks to fashion a make shift tab but, have the more experienced on this board come across this? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    I had one of the black plastic tabs on a Seymour Duncan Live Wire Classic II active humbucker crack and dangle limply at a silly angle. I remedied this with a modest application of JB Weld Metal. (Very strong black epoxy resin adhesive.) Up close, this is fugly but, at the bottom of a pickup rout, nobody can see it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    I took your advice and had a look around Homebase and bought Gorilla Epoxy Glue. Smells like rotten eggs but it’s done the job. Doesn’t look pretty but at least I can adjust the pickup properly now
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    JB Weld is unlikely to appear in stores like Homebase, Wickes et cetera.

I buy it by mail order. The stuff is so useful that I wonder how I ever managed to repair musical gear without it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.