Teenager's Saturday Morning

When I was a teenager, or also a student after leaving school, it was my habit to lie in bed listening to music on a Saturday morning (at least, when I didn't have a schoolboy Saturday job to go to). I very often listened to Camel, Cream, or Focus.

Today, I have done a few "responsible adult" things, but during the week I ordered a 5-cd pack of the BeBop Deluxe ellpees from Amazon, so after the boring stuff, I slacked out on the bed with the cat and we listened to Axe Victim.

Why the hell didn't I turn on to this stuff when it first appeared? I vaguely recall the sleeve design of the LP in the record shop, but nobody I knew listened to this stuff which may be why I didn't get turned on to it. However I do wish that I had heard it a lot earlier than now. Bill Nelson's guitar work is exquisite, and despite the "guitar-based rock'n'roll band" sound, there's enough tempo and time signature changes to keep a prog rock fan happy, and the occasional key change as well. You'd have to be a damn fine musician to play this stuff properly.

All I can say is that I'm glad I've caught up at last!
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom