Nine Inch Nails, Manchester Apollo 20th June

What's Hot
SnapSnap Frets: 6264
edited June 2022 in Music
I went to this last night.

Jesus H, what an amazingly good show. Phenomenal musicians. It's been 8 years since I last got to see them, worth the wait. Totally blew me away.
Anyone else go or a fan?
If you can get into to Brixton Academy tonight you won't be disappointed.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Saw them night 1 at the Eden Project, was absolutely incredible. I kinda wished I'd had night 2's setlist though, but we had the nice weather :)

Never heard a live band sound so sonically perfect.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Vintage-T said:

I felt that way about Meshuggah the other week. Definitely an experience 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Vintage-T said:
    Saw them night 1 at the Eden Project, was absolutely incredible. I kinda wished I'd had night 2's setlist though, but we had the nice weather :)

Yes, that's it, sonically off the scale. Just everything is done so well, real attention to detail. Even the smallest riff is actually played, rather than sequenced on backing.

And Ilan Rubin!!!! Where do you start with that fella? Freaking amazing drummer! And then he gets up and plays bass, or guitar, or hey, a synth! and sings !

I saw an interview with him when he started with NIN. He was saying Trent said in no uncertain terms that he had to learn bass pronto. 
    The Manchester set list was brilliant. Some real gems. And the end of Everyday Is Exactly The Same, with the impromptu crowd singalong was a real moment. Yes, I welled up a bit, I will admit! In fact, I was on the edge through the whole gig it was that powerful. Genuinely mind blowing
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    I went to the Brixton show and it was absolutely incredible.
    They started off with the complete sensory overload that is Mr Self Destruct and then they carried on playing tune after tune after tune.
    Brilliant gig. Can't wait to see them again
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    if you head to ninlive.com there are some v good quality recordings of the recent shows. Right now I am listening to the manc one. Brixton up next
    I believe the whole site is approved by NIN too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom