Now the sun is out..Lets talk about Ice Lollies

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    If you are a lady, you are advised against an unconventional use of the ice lolly. Sorry that this is a Sun link but it has been widely reported elsewhere. I just can't be arsed to look further.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9580037/woman-hot-ice-lollies-cool-down/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    pigface said:
    If you are a lady, you are advised against an unconventional use of the ice lolly. Sorry that this is a Sun link but it has been widely reported elsewhere. I just can't be arsed to look further.

I feel sorry for the woman in the picture half way down the article. When she took that stock photo, I'm sure she wouldn't have imagined it being used in this article. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4431
    From the van those spaceship lollies were always good. For a supermarket purchase it's hard to beat the Fruit Pastille lolly.

I do prefer Magnums though. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    pigface said:

I feel sorry for the woman in the picture half way down the article. When she took that stock photo, I'm sure she wouldn't have imagined it being used in this article. 
    she had a more appropriate one,  but the censors banned it
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1583
    pigface said:

Well. Thats the squirty cream job out then!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4004
    pigface said:

Good luck with this one, love

• BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 968
    tony99 said:
    Lolly ices not ice lollies ffs.

Who the actual fuck says that?

Get in the sea. And take your lolly ices with you.
    Is defo a lolly ice around our way. 
    Ice lolly is a fancy southern affectation
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    Rob1742 said:
    Walls killed off lollies. 

They put fridges in most stores in the 80’s so only their products were available. Then they decided that they didn’t want the consumer to spend 11p on a sparkle. 

So they marketed magnums and other expensive lines to get us to fork out more money.

I am really really bitter and twisted about these big companies as they take space in store then decide what we are going to consume. 

So yeah all the good lollies are gone. My favourite was a Dracula lolly or space 1999. Two great products that will never come back as fridges are full of expensive lines. 

It’s all about making you part with more cash. 
    Can you still get normal ones in the supermarket? It didn't occur to me that it's difficult to find normal ones now but I suppose you're right. They had lemonade ones where I grew up in NZ and they were always my fave
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2037
    I refuse to participate in a thread that doesn't even name the product correctly,it's Lolly Ices. 
    I refuse to participate in a thread that doesn't even name the product correctly,it's Lolly Ices. 
    You and Tony99 should get a room

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    west said:

the one round our way was just called cider barrel but this was the posh one ... the taste of summer ... halcyon daze ....
    Strange, I saw the thread title and immediately thought of Cider Barrel.  I can't find a picture of a wrapper.
    Here's one I used to like, Jack of Diamonds.  It was a bit like a prototype Magnum, but with coffee ice cream.

British Ice-Lollies And Ice-Creams 1960-1990 - Flashbak
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 1010
    Philly_Q said:
    west said:

the one round our way was just called cider barrel but this was the posh one ... the taste of summer ... halcyon daze ....
    Strange, I saw the thread title and immediately thought of Cider Barrel.  I can't find a picture of a wrapper.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cider+barrel+lolly&t=newext&atb=v181-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/cider-barrel1.png

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, that's the one! :)   I've been thinking about Tonibell, I can't remember if they had their own range or if they sold Walls, Lyons Maid etc.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14920
    pigface said:

Perhaps, they should have used a pic of Juliet Stevenson in the Peter Greenaway film, Drowning By Numbers.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Philly_Q said:
    Here's one I used to like, Jack of Diamonds.  It was a bit like a prototype Magnum, but with coffee ice cream.

British Ice-Lollies And Ice-Creams 1960-1990 - Flashbak
    That sounds amazing! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11500
    I used to love Zooms. I couldn't understand how they got the different coloured bits to stick to each other in a way that didn't show any sort of join. This surely had to be a spin-off from the moon landings.

Being non-dairy these days ice lollies are the default. Vegan Magnums are okay but are about the price of a small terraced house. 
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2045
    Dominic said:
    I used to love Cider Barrel ....great lolly
    Agreed. No finer stick-based iced sweet. Space rocket lollies were ok on occasion.

Space Runner Rocket Lollies 30x60ml - Bradleys  

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)