SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Crafter Cruiser £50

What's Hot
roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1186
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
This was picked up cheap for my son when he was interested in learning guitar. It's ugly in my opinion, but I wanted him to love whatever guitar he had. It actually plays quite nicely. One noticeable ding on the top corner. Comes with fitted carry case.

£50 (yes, fifty)
Collection from Peterborough.
Courier considered at cost.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1186
    How about this.....I reckon this guitar could be an interesting project - change the finish, maybe alter the shape, add some crazy electronics (4 pickups), etc.

If you want it for £25, pitch your design ideas below and I'll pick the best one and let it go super cheap.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31437

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• joetelejoetele Frets: 958
    edited June 2022
    I would actually sand it down to a natural finish and maybe use a somewhat dark woodstain on it, and change the pickups to chrome covered humbuckers - possibly the Irongear Blues Engines or some Wilkinson ones - with the cream-coloured pickup surrounds on. I'd also install cream strat-style knobs.  I might consider changing the neck for a Tele style maple neck too, just to make people really nauseous. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1186
    joetele said:
    I would actually sand it down to a natural finish and maybe use a somewhat dark woodstain on it, and change the pickups to chrome covered humbuckers - possibly the Irongear Blues Engines or some Wilkinson ones - with the cream-coloured pickup surrounds on. I'd also install cream strat-style knobs.  I might consider changing the neck for a Tele style maple neck too, just to make people really nauseous. 
    Is that an offer to buy it for £25 + P&P?
  • LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 165
    I have a Crafter Cruiser strat I bought for next to nothing. Despite the fact it had various levels of rust on the hardware (think it was left somewhere damp for several years) it's still a nice guitar to play and it's got a lovely neck. I've used to try and learn a bit of modding and repair and been very happy with the results, great axe to take apart and experiment with. 
    My trading feedback thread
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 958
    joetele said:
    Is that an offer to buy it for £25 + P&P?
    I'd rather you waited for other entries to come in before choosing me ;) 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs