NAD: 68 Custom vibro champ reverb

goddersgodders Frets: 11
edited June 2022 in Amps
Had pretty much settled on one of these for home practice only to find they’re out of stock everywhere and a couple of months from being restocked. Glanced at Reverb and saw this at a decent price 10 mins drive away on the other side of the city. Was obviously meant to be!

PCB, SS rectifier and digital reverb so not one for the purists but it’s pretty much exactly what I’d hoped it would be sound wise. Glassy fender tone at manageable home volumes. I do have an attenuator so I can crank it but play mostly clean anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/fHYMAMr

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2422
    Interesting that you say it sounds "glassy", that's an adjective I'd usually think of as applying more to the big Fender amps. My early 80s Concert is definitely "glassy" but my 70s Vibrochamp is a lot warmer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goddersgodders Frets: 11
    Stuckfast said:
    Interesting that you say it sounds "glassy", that's an adjective I'd usually think of as applying more to the big Fender amps. My early 80s Concert is definitely "glassy" but my 70s Vibrochamp is a lot warmer.
    It can be quite champ like with bass and treble at 1 but I’d say in general it’s more of a mini Princeton sound wise. I guess the 10” speaker helps.
  • PALPAL Frets: 540
    Really nice amp.