Seymour Duncan Twin Tube

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
What a truly awful pedal.

Avoid unless you want farty fuzzy crappy sounding distortion. It's like a worse version of the Double Muff.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I hated it too.  Someone gave me one to try and I thought is was dire. They wanted a comparison between that and the HT-dual - just different worlds.  Was never sure whether it just didn't suit my setup or what.  I find most of the Duncan pedals great in concept but meh through to disappointing in reality.  I do love the tremolo though.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • I like the powergrid (which is madder than a box of frogs) and I love the deja vu, but you can't get either new anymore and the deja vu, despite sounding great and being quite unique, never sold that well.

The twin tube mayhem sucked though. The metal muff was better in every way.
  • I dont think I have ever like a Seymour Duncan pedal. 

I have owned the tweak fuzz and the power grid both were underwhelming.
    The write up is good on them but they dont really do anything well. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    I had the blue one for an hour or so - sent it back straight away because I couldn't decide whether it was broken or just shit

• shadyshady Frets: 252
    I really like the Twin Tube Classic, which version did you try - the Mayhem?  The Power Grid is a monster though, proper sledgehammer of a pedal.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    It was the TT Classic. Absolutely awful pedal, and it's not a case of high-gain player being a nobhead when it comes to genres.... I love low-gain crunches, but this pedal is CHOD...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I dont think I have ever like a Seymour Duncan pedal. 

I have owned the tweak fuzz and the power grid both were underwhelming.
    The write up is good on them but they dont really do anything well. 
    The tweak fuzz is... Awkward.  I feel like it *could* have been amazing.

The powergrid does a few things well.  Put it in front of a dirty marshall, and use the eq and the amount of volume on tap with the gain low for monster lead sound (or with amp gain down a bit, you can make a vintage voiced amp 'djent').  

Or gain at a bit below half, knobs nearish the middle, cut the bass and you've got a thick, grainy rhythm riffing tone that's not too tight, but tight enough for decent palm mutes.  Push the gain and mids up, it's a solo pedal.  You can even set it up to sound like a fuzz.

It is really grainy as hell, though - and having 5 gain stages was a bit daft, as after half way, it's a waste of pot (just makes it noisier and more sustainy).

It is a mental pedal, it's not 'ampy' or 'responsive'.  

The TT Classic sucks balls.  Even the PGS demo sucked. 

• The TT Classic sucks balls.  Even the PGS demo sucked. 

Still don't trust myself with watching it.  PGS Andy is the devil.  I'm surprised Buzzfeed haven't done a collection of PGS Andy memes yet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• The TT Classic sucks balls.  Even the PGS demo sucked. 

Still don't trust myself with watching it.  PGS Andy is the devil.  I'm surprised Buzzfeed haven't done a collection of PGS Andy memes yet.
    It's okay, I fully understand.  I currently want that new Korg delay thing.  No idea why, I have a great sounding delay pedal, and the korg only gives one or two tricks I'd actually want... But not need...
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Heh...weird innit - the TT Classic has been one of the best dual distortions I've had and I thought the HT Dual gobbled testicles in comparison.  My only problem with it is has been the psu, it's gone through two of the feckers.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    That is odd. The HT-Dual is the only distortion pedal that felt like it could potentially replace a high-gain amp for me. I used to have one as a backup solution, but didn't ever need it so flogged it!