SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: 2011 Gibson SG Classic with Bigsby b3 and Towner, (£975 with, £800 without)

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
edited July 2022 in Guitars £

2011 Gibson SG Classic -Sold
These are really as good as everybody says: much more user friendly neck than most SGs I’ve experienced previously (not quite a club, but none of that stick thin rubbish either), balances well and has p90s -just love ‘em. May end up keeping it, but my AO50s strat is getting all the attention at the moment, so this isn’t getting used as much as it deserves. It has some honest play wear, with the odd small dent in the nitro and pick scratches on the pickguard. Nothing significant or major, but as you’ll see in the pictures it is not a case queen. Comes with an unoriginal case (one broken latch, but otherwise working perfectly). This is currently sporting a Bigsby B3 and Towner system (over £200 of gear), so will price for with and without. Without the Bigsby and Towner £800, with the Bigsby and Towner £975. 

Happy to drive to meet, love a Saturday or Sunday morning meet, hate couriers. Otherwise, based in north Northamptonshire if you are passing. 

2003 Tokai UES 120 with OX4 pickups -Traded
This is the forum’s darling and a stunning guitar in every conceivable way. Sounds great, plays great, feels great (until the hand cramp occurs for yours truly). Pickups have been upgraded to OX4s and all I can say is these absolutely deserve their reputation -they are fantastic pickups and incredibly articulate. I think I recall this has had a wiring loom upgrade too, but don’t quote me on it. Comes with the original hard case, which is tatty, but works. Plenty of honest play wear, but nothing extreme or garish. From what I understand the 120 in 2003 is similar spec to a 180 now (although the flame on this might suggest ues190). Either way, it’s a very well made, good quality Japanese Tokai. It is not a case queen, but I’m hazarding a guess that the upgraded pickups would point to this being reasonably worth about £950+ in the current market. So, as this is the forum is a sale and trade value of £900 reasonable? 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pruddprudd Frets: 682
    PM sent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    prudd said:
    PM sent
    And replied. :+1: 
    Thought I had a cash buyer, but it’s all gone very quiet so back to the top. 

Couple of interesting trade offers also came in, so keep them coming folks -I love a trade. :)
  • Totally understand the quick turn around
     I am starting to have a lot of issues with my hands and the wider neck SE I have just makes it uncomfortable to play. It's a fantastic guitar but definitely one of the reasons I am moving it on.  Not to derail the thread but did the carpel tunnel get diagnosed at the GP maybe it's time for me to book in.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

Totally understand the quick turn around
     I am starting to have a lot of issues with my hands and the wider neck SE I have just makes it uncomfortable to play. It's a fantastic guitar but definitely one of the reasons I am moving it on.  Not to derail the thread but did the carpel tunnel get diagnosed at the GP maybe it's time for me to book in.
    I went for an X-ray as at the time I thought it was an unresolved break. Verdict was no break, but if it keeps giving you grief it’s carpal tunnel. That was September last year and it got worse and still flares up. However, I haven’t been back to the dr, typical bloke tbh. :)
    Bump.

Tokai traded, Gibson to go.
    Have a Monday bump, I fancy raising some funds for an Eastman Juliet. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12749
     However, I haven’t been back to the dr, typical bloke tbh. :)
    Actually, knowing our local surgery and how utterly woeful they are, I don't blame you.

I'd love that SG but sadly no funds... good luck with it, mate.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    impmann said:
     However, I haven’t been back to the dr, typical bloke tbh. :)
    Actually, knowing our local surgery and how utterly woeful they are, I don't blame you.

I'd love that SG but sadly no funds... good luck with it, mate.
    Definitely one of those ‘not sure whether to lol or wis’ moments, they are utterly dire. Cheers buddy, it’s a good one, might keep it yet (keep going back and forth on it). 
    Thursday evening bump.
    Weekend bump.
    SG Saturday bump
    Not quite 40degree bump before I decide that I’m going to keep this. 
    Thursday morning bump