SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRS SE Chris Robertson (Sold)

What's Hot
MolochMoloch Frets: 781
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
Possibly the most highly rated PRS SE guitar of all, this is an absolute stormer and in fantastic condition. Midnight blue finish and rosewood fingerboard with the classic bird inlays. Comes with a full fat PRS USA 57/08 humbucker (with coil tap on a push/pull pot) and a P90. Independent volume and tone controls for each pickup. An absolute wealth of sounds on offer here.

Also comes with PRS SE soft case, as well as a signed second cavity plate. Collection from Southampton, please. Willing to consider trades and have money to add on top for something nice.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MolochMoloch Frets: 781
    Bump!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Is it the etched USA pickup? Any postage option?

edited July 2022
    Is it the etched USA pickup? Any postage option?

Hi Simon,

Doesn't appear to be etched, though it sounds the same as my old PRS limited edition singlecut which had the 57/08s. I haven't had the strings off to take the pickup out.

With regard to postage, I don't have a box for it, but I do have a Hiscox that would be safer than the gig bag would be. That would obviously add about £50 on to cover the value of the case and then I'd have to calculate shipping. Cheers!
  • drphibesdrphibes Frets: 68
    I have both the Original versions of this guitar that are fitted with the USA 57/08. The Black Stone Cherry burst has the etching on the cover but the Kentucky Blue does not. Makes me think maybe the first Cherry burst got the etching but the Blue did not ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    drphibes said:
    I have both the Original versions of this guitar that are fitted with the USA 57/08. The Black Stone Cherry burst has the etching on the cover but the Kentucky Blue does not. Makes me think maybe the first Cherry burst got the etching but the Blue did not ?

Could well be. Cheers for the info, mate. Looks like I'll have to have the strings off to be absolutely sure, but definitely sounds as good as my old USA PRS with 57/08s did.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Some 57/08’s are etched and some not, then they moved to the Korean version

edited July 2022
    Curiosity was driving me nuts, so I took the strings off and looked. It's stamped 'PRS USA':

At first I wasn't sure, but then it started shouting racist slurs through my amp and shot at me.
    edited July 2022
    Sold pending collection.