Interesting take on the classic song 'popcorn'

What's Hot
KeikoKeiko Frets: 1071

This guy randomly came up in my youtube feed a  few days ago. He does not have many followers, but his music is pretty good in my opinion. I checked out his latest album on spotify and really like it 'Orpheus of the Midnight Kitchen'.

Some nice songs with lots of wierdness and humour woven in. Check it out if you're looking for something a bit different that might put a smile on your face:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7900
    edited July 2022
    Aaaah, that's Isto White.  He's been going for a long time.  Although he is a serious and good guitar performer when he needs to be, he has come out with some incredibly wacky songs (some X-Rated), and unusual interpretations of old classics.
    I don't know if he has all of his old ones HERE, but I'll have to go through them later.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1071
    His latest album is definitely family friendly. It's almost Disney like in places, something you might expect to hear on the Toy Story soundtrack. That's one of the things I like about it. One song in particular, about the UPS truck, he has resisted from using the F word to rhyme with it. When most modern pop song writers would have slapped it in there I'm sure. He's a bit of fresh air for me in that regard. Although I didn't play the entirety of the last song on the album, it seemed to be just ten minutes of traffic noises.

Enjoying listening to his stuff. Haven't tried his earlier albums yet.

The dog is the star on this one:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    That first video - terrible! Skipped through all the nothing happening at the start then lasted about 10 seconds of the playing.

This is a much more entertaining take on popcorn (at 3.35), but the whole thing is worth a watch

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7900
    You will find his much older videos on another YouTube channel HERE.  He has some of his own wacky videos on that channel, with such gems as:

Largo Al Factotum - Aria from The Barber of Seville by Rossini (played and sung while sitting on the toilet)

I can't seem to find videos or audio of his old crazily funny songs like "Van Gogh's Song of Love", "There's Something In The Toilet And It Isn't Mine", and "Sexual Side effects".
    edited July 2022
    axisus said:
    That first video - terrible! Skipped through all the nothing happening at the start then lasted about 10 seconds of the playing.

This is a much more entertaining take on popcorn (at 3.35), but the whole thing is worth a watch

The silent bit at the beginning is kind of the funny part to me, surely he's going to start playing... Not everyones humour, I get that.

On the album he's got a song called 'you turn me on - I'm a microwave', and that popcorn thing follows it up. More like an outro.

The horn guy is impressive. Also when you consider how loose fitting his overall seems to be.
    BillDL said:
    You will find his much older videos on another YouTube channel HERE.  He has some of his own wacky videos on that channel, with such gems as:

Largo Al Factotum - Aria from The Barber of Seville by Rossini (played and sung while sitting on the toilet)

I can't seem to find videos or audio of his old crazily funny songs like "Van Gogh's Song of Love", "There's Something In The Toilet And It Isn't Mine", and "Sexual Side effects".

Thankfully, with his shorts on. Wow he goes back years. That's a lot of content to check out.

• TanninTannin Frets: 5687
    axisus said:

@axius ; How did you find that clip? Mrs Tannin wants to know if you Googled "man with a horn".

(Hint: do not try that at work.)