Rival Sons and Dirty Honey

mrkbmrkb Frets: 7430
Waiting for them to start at Rock City tonight. Love both bands. Has anyone seen them on this tour? How was the performance?
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    I saw Rival Sons on their first 4 UK tours.. Great stuff.. Michael Miley is an incredible drummer. I've lost touch with them a bit since tbh though. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1265
    I haven't seen this on this tour, but their 2019 gig at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh was ruined by an idiot sound man who insisted on putting way too much kickdrum through the PA. It was so unbearable I left early.
  • Saw them on the Feral Roots tour - great live band! Disappointed not to be seeing them this time.

I really wanted to see both RS and Marcus King live, but they're not playing anywhere near where I live so would have to find an overnight trip. Given that Rival Sons, Marcus King and Pearl Jam are all playing in the UK within about a week of each other, none of them close to the North East, I had to pick just one to go and see. Pearl Jam was a no-brainer unfortunately.

Oh to have more free time and money......!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7430
    They were touring the 10th anniversary of Pressure and Time - so full set from that album, then the rest of the hits. Was a great gig (and Rock City is a great venue as its wide, but not too deep, so great views from most places), and Dirty Honey were great as well!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • tinnitustinnitus Frets: 13
    Saw them last Saturday at Blackburn King George's Hall (another great venue) - brilliant gig. I don't think Jay needs a mic he's so powerful!