How to mount a Dearmond s grille pickup onto a Guild Starfire

Hi all
i have a lovely Newark Street Guild Starfire V with a famously underwound bridge pickup. I wondered about replacing  it with a vintage Dearmond s grille which i have 
The S grille has no mounting holes 
(I) can make a pickup mount either of wood or CNC a plastic one of the correct height, but i still need to fix the pickup to it, preferably without damaging the pickup base too much ( it has a lovely Rowe Industries 1964 stamp and label on it) 
Any suggestions as to how to do this
and
(ii)  should i put the dearmond in the neck position ( by swapping correctly wound neck to bridge position) or just slot it into bridge position ?

( i know the dearmonds are lively in bridge position but i have a vintage gold foil in neck  position of a strat and its glorious) 
advice sought, especially on how to mount it 
thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74477
    Would it be easier and/or better to have the original pickup rewound hotter?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 123
    Yes, but im just fancying trying the dearmond as its currently sat doing nowt, It remains an option tho