Blackstar HT 60 Stage

chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
Just borrowed one with a view to buying it.

Very impressed after a few hours in the rehearsal room today.

Anyone else here use one of these?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1747

Hi Chris,

If you want good reasons to buy it I can tell you that every 60 I specce'd kicked an easy 80watts and they were very reliable and I have no reason but to think they still are.

'Twould be a BIG place you couldn;t cover with a Stage 60.

Dave.

• Thanks, that's good to know.
  • My local rehearsal place has the HT100 head (IIRC it's basically the same as the 60 combo just with a bit more oomph)

Great amp and I was happy to leave all my kit at home and use that instead.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• I use the HT-50 head and love it. Works well for me in a pub rock covers and sometimes function band.

Not sure about the HT60 combo, but on the HT-50 head the clean channel only has a single EQ knob, but I can get the sounds I want from it easy enough (and it has two clean voices).

The overdrive channel is great for me, again two voices, I use the 'vintage' one for a classic rock tone.

• Good stuff, glad to hear some good feedback.  I  found it really useful yesterday.  I set the 3 channels up for clean, rhythm OD, lead OD.  Didn't even use my drive pedal, just the amp and my Flashback X4.  I think I'll be buying it.  The guy who currently owns it has looked after it, it's got a cover, casters, and recently revalved.
  • The HT Stage 60 2x12 is the same thing as the HT100 head just less power and as a combo.  The HT50 head is a slightly different amp but has the same core tone, just fewer features/channels.

IMO for the price range they're very versatile, I had the HT60 2x12 for a while and it covered plenty of ground.  If you like the tone and the features then go for it.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1747

Yus, the HT stage 60 and the HT-100 share the same preamplifier section and driver, just two more EL34s (and bigger traffs!)

The HT-50 head is a different beast entirely.

Dave.

• I really like them myself and am tempted to sell a Marshall and go get one... Not sure of the 70/80 speakers... There's a demo on YouTube stock and then with 30s and the 30s sound a bit better.

... sure I saw one special edition one in pmt Salford that was stock with v30s.... Only can't find any searching online. ...?