ANDY FAIRWEATHER LOW'S 10 Favorite guitar players

What's Hot
duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
“On tour in Holland with his band Lowriders, in June 2022, Andy Fairweather Low is put on the spot to produce a top 10 of his favourite guitarists/musicians. Mr. Fairweather delivers, and mentions Ry Cooder, Hank B Marvin, Blind Blake, Albert King, Keith Richards and six other guitar gods that are -in Mr. Fairweather's words- 'off the scale'. In this 25 minute show you'll see exciting footage of most of them , plus a couple of songs from the show Mr. Fairweather and his Lowriders played at rockclub De Boerderij in Zoetermeer, the Netherlands. 

As a guitarist Andy Fairweather Low played with some of the top rockmusicians in the world: Eric Clapton, Pete Townshend, Joe Cocker, Roger Waters and George Harrison a.o. He scored a string of hits in the 60's with popband The Amen Corner, and made at least one great solo album in the 70's (Spider Jiving).”

https://youtu.be/wsmAgnEAK9o
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    I saw AFL at a 350 seat venue near me at the start of the year. One of the best gigs I’ve been to. He’s quite a raconteur, as well a great player and singer. What really came across was how much he loves doing what he does. He’s certainly overly modest about his skills the video.

I saw him again in May opening for Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall - he also joined EC’s band for the unplugged section of the show. Again, he was great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    He could qualify for a mention in the "shocked by how old someone looks now" thread, but interesting interview.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    Philly_Q said:
    He could qualify for a mention in the "shocked by how old someone looks now" thread, but interesting interview.
    I think he looks good for his age - he’ll be 74 in August.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16314
    He's lovely
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    Philly_Q said:
    I think he looks good for his age - he’ll be 74 in August.
    It might just be the case that I haven't actually seen him since watching 1990s videos of him playing in Clapton's band.

Anyway, glad to hear he still has a Welsh accent. :)
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5069
    The 1970's album "La Booga Rooga", which contained "Wide-eyed And Legless" amongst others was a masterpiece IMO.