BC Rich Mockingbird inspired Through Neck

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• JGTayJGTay Frets: 210
    Yorkie said:
    Inspiring work. Absolute mastery :flushed: 
    Thank you.  :3

Dan hadn't been for a visit as I have been out of action for the past couple of weeks with covid, finally got negative tests the past couple of days.

So today he came round to test it out, he is really pleased with it, loves the neck shape and very happy with everything. I have removed all the hardware and he has taken it home to get started on the prep work for the paint job.

He will send through progress pics and keep me updated.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3129
    Lovely job :)

Lovely job :)

Thanks Andy.  :3

Feels strange not doing the finish on it, but looking forward to seeing how it comes out. 
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 312
    I've just found this thread and really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing progress with the photographs. 

Your craftsmanship is amazing, with what looks like lovely guitar at the end of the build process  - thank you for taking the time to document and publish the photographs.. 
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 756
    It''s hypnotic watching this come together; also, what is that fretboard wood? That's one of the most beautiful fretboards I've ever seen.
    Chris.B said:
    I've just found this thread and really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing progress with the photographs. 

Your craftsmanship is amazing, with what looks like lovely guitar at the end of the build process  - thank you for taking the time to document and publish the photographs.. 
    Thank you, very much appreciated.  :3
    It''s hypnotic watching this come together; also, what is that fretboard wood? That's one of the most beautiful fretboards I've ever seen.
    Thank you. The fretboard is Ziricote, nice to work with and sands up to a nice finish. Gave Dan a few different options and he really liked that one. 
    A few updates sent through from Dan.

Colour coat done.

And then the clear coats with buff and polish.

Will get it all setup when he drops it off. Looking forward to seeing it in person. =) 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
    edited May 2023
    Wow! Amazing colour, really looks incredible! 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6948
    That looks incredible!

Wow! Amazing colour, really looks incredible! 
    That looks incredible!
    Thanks Both. He has done a really good job, the gold hardware will go very well with it. 
    Dan dropped the guitar off last week and I set to work on getting it finished this weekend. Gave it a good polish before getting started.

Copper shielding done.

Then moved onto the electrics.

Everything tightened up and pickups screwed in place.

Put the tuners and strap locks on, then took some glamour shots. No strings yet, Dan is bringing them next week when he comes to collect it.

Looking forward to getting it strung up next week and getting Dan to test it out. =) 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1738
    That's a class looking thing - love the blue over gold. Really unusual shape headstock from the rear, and I'm a total sucker for anything with a volute. Excellent work!
    AK99 said:
    That's a class looking thing - love the blue over gold. Really unusual shape headstock from the rear, and I'm a total sucker for anything with a volute. Excellent work!
    Thank you. Really pleased with the volute, has come out well. 

Dan still has the truss rod cover, so I need to remind him to bring it next week so I can get some more pics. 
    Dan dropped off the strings and cover earlier. All strung up and truss rod cover in place, he decided to do the cover black, but said he may do it the same colour as the guitar at a later date. Just waiting for Dan to come back from his in-laws and test it out.

Still need to cut the excess strings off. Was losing the light for the pic.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It has now left with it's new owner, who had a big smile on his face. =)

Dan will be sending me some recordings next week, he needs to finish off his thesis first before he can have a good play around with it.  :3
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 401
    Strange front pickup cover...seems to be embossed with the image of someones hands....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom