The perfect version of ....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2797
    If you like Who Knows Where the Time Goes (which I do, very much), here's another song from her that is technically an outtake - I got it in a box set that... I have no idea why I bought it, although I loved it. This is the absolute gem, and my very favourite Sandy Denny song. When I first heard it (as when I first heard Nick Drake) I actually forgot to breathe. 

I did start breathing again. I'm not a zombie or anything. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2797
    If it's a question of songs where there are multiple versions, then the answer is this - absolutely perfect, nothing wasted anywhere:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1780
    I know he's been cancelled but Ryan Adams's version of Wonderwall is incredible imo. Even Noel's live version had elements of it for a while.. it's back to being like the Oasis version again.

Point of order though - he was "cancelled " cos his true nature as an abusive sex pest was revealed.

We can listen to his music, mention him here and elsewhere, buy his stuff, write songs about him, cover his songs, link to his youtubes, yell for "summer of 69" - all allowed but lets not go around pretending that's he's somehow been censured for unkown reasons or because people can't take a joke anymore. Thats messed up. 

He does seem to have a history of good cover versions.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1783
    Golden brown. Stranglers.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 5055
    GoFish said:
    I know he's been cancelled but Ryan Adams's version of Wonderwall is incredible imo. Even Noel's live version had elements of it for a while.. it's back to being like the Oasis version again.

<snip> "summer of 69" - </snip>

Er...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4126
    GoFish said:

Point of order though - he was "cancelled " cos his true nature as an abusive sex pest was revealed.

We can listen to his music, mention him here and elsewhere, buy his stuff, write songs about him, cover his songs, link to his youtubes, yell for "summer of 69" - all allowed but lets not go around pretending that's he's somehow been censured for unkown reasons or because people can't take a joke anymore. Thats messed up. 

He does seem to have a history of good cover versions.

Is anyone pretending that though?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3594
    GoFish said:

<snip> "summer of 69" - </snip>

Er...
    I'm guessing that might actually be a humorous heckle at an RA gig ;)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7519
    Limp Bizkit's version of Faith
    Sikth's version of Tupelo 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Several acts have mangled The Boys Of Summer. None is a patch on Henley's original recording.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.