SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - 1963 Fender Duo Sonic

AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 987
edited July 2022 in Guitars £

1963 Fender Duo-Sonic - 22.5” scale

As you can see from the original body work this is by no means a pristine, hang it on the wall, collectors guitar. I personally think it looks fantastic with this authentic wear but that aside, mechanically everything is in very good condition. The electrics are all pretty tidy and original – the pots (if I've I’ve read and decipher the codes correctly) date to 1961. The two pickups are loud and sound superb.

The neck is straight and it plays and feels great. The fingerboard is a rich dark rosewood and the clay dots are all intact with that lovely pinkish hue. The tuners are original and work fine. I swapped one of the saddle height adjusters for a longer new one but I’ve retained the original which will be included.

The frets are in good shape. I can't confirm if they're original but if they are, I presume they must’ve been crowned as I can’t see much in the way of grooving from the strings. I think possibly the nut could do with replacing but I'll let the new owner decide if this is needed.

Comes with what I assume is the original (it's certainly period correct) hard case which is also a bit tatty round the edges. I will add a picture soon once I get it down from the attic (too damn hot up there at the moment!)

Collection preferred (Edenbridge, Kent) or meet up (Central London/M25 - Kent/Surrey/Essex), though courier is also a possibility.

Looking for £2,750 £2,500  Withdrawn - decided to keep this and sell something else

More pictures here - https://imgur.com/a/AvXYWLT

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TDubsTDubs Frets: 736
    That looks great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JoeMcJoeMc Frets: 54
    Great guitars! If I didn’t have another Musicmaster on the way, I’d be all over this..! 
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 987
    Bump with price drop