Alternative Treadle Pedals

So, you have the wah, the volume, and some pedals like vibe and chorus where the treadle controls the speed of the effect.

But I feel like there could be others - like a synth pedal for Dubstep wub wub, or a weirder filter, or even a vibey-type sound but where the pedal controls the sound - not rate or depth, but is just the *sound* where the treadle sets where the sound is, and the depth can be set with a knob on the side or top.  

Thoughts? Have I missed something?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The Line 6 M series (at least the M13) let you assign almost any of the parameters in an effect to a treadle including mutiple values to the same unit. The usual things like rate, depth etc were what I used it for but there are interesting ones such as volume and sustain for a compressor. You could have volume go up whilst sustain goes down in one movement of the treadle, for example. If you use two external pedals you can change more or less anything about  a sound. I actually had two pedals attached to my M13 but that was just because I liked the idea, not because I found any use for it in classic rock! I guess some ambient music would be able to use those kind of features.
  • That sounds pretty awesome, actually.

I like the idea of the digitech synth wah synth sounds (rather than the autowah type stuff) but where you can control the big whooshy synth sounds by a treadle, while having the constant synthy fuzzy tone of the guitar, too.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    There are loads of George Dennis pedals that use a treadle for all kinds of stuff.
  • Bidley said:
    There are loads of George Dennis pedals that use a treadle for all kinds of stuff.
    I've seen a chorus one, and a flanger one too I think.  

That's the kinda thing I mean - but they usually use the treadle to control the speed of the effect, rather than what the effect is doing (if that makes sense). 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    The Old Morley/ Tel-Ray pedals used to have treadle operated features on their phasers and flangers of course. I used tohave the flanger which was massive and interesting, but not that useful.
  • I'd love to see a treadle synth.  

Watch a demo of the digitech synth wah and imagine how awesome it would be with a treadle!

Any foot controlled synths?
  • IIRC you can assign any parameter of the delay to an expression pedal on the tc X4 delay. Not sure that I've totally got the hang of this but I can at least drive it into oscillation without bending down.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32036
    Most multi FX will let you control various parameters with an expression pedal.
    Some of them are a bit gimmicky and get boring after a few minutes, but I often use one to control the amount of compression when I'm gigging with an electro acoustic.

My mum has one which controls the speed of her sewing machine.
    :)
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    I was fannying about with my Korg AX3000G (cheers @DiscoStu) the other weekend - you can assign the treadle to anything you like, filters and vocal type stuff with the synth patches are bloody hilarious....yar-eee-yars and wob-wobs all controlled real time.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5612
    edited September 2014
    Glad you like and and still using it @shady !
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17942
    edited September 2014 tFB Trader
    The Soundblox envelope pedal is generally considered the Dubstep pedal of choice 

• shadyshady Frets: 252
    ^ That guy obviously had to sell all his footware to afford the gear.  I bloody hate bare foot fx demos.

And yes I do Stu, 'tis my sofa set-up through a cheap Sainsbury's sound bar.
  • The Soundblox envelope pedal is generally considered the Dubstep pedal of choice 

Soundblox do the Hot Hand for their pedals too, treadle pedals pah! :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWeary;347525" said:
    monquixote said:

The Soundblox envelope pedal is generally considered the Dubstep pedal of choice 

Soundblox do the Hot Hand for their pedals too, treadle pedals pah! :(|)
    Bloody wow!

I need one, I wanted the digital distortion they do, too..