Cheshire Amp Party

What's Hot
Hi everyone,
thought I would open new thread for this.
I have been very interested in whats been posted with this already.
I would like to organise our very own version of this in Cheshire with date early New Year ish.
Can I ask anyone interested in attending such an event to let me know and register their interest so I can see if its is viable.
Many thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Count me in.
  • where are you thinking of?

• Thinking Either Lostock Club or Winnington Rec.  They both have several rooms we could use and will cost very little to get for an afternoon/eve.  If you have anywhere better I am very open to suggestions on venue and format.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1957
    I'd be up for it (work permitting).
  • the place i rehearse is in Winnington and would be great for this, plus no volume issues etc

• I'm in.
  • Depending on who is coming we can arrange format to suit.  If appropriate we could incorporate a Jam seshh.  Winnington Rec has 2 rooms we could use.  Lets see how many we get and hopefully there will be a good selection of Amps for us to admire and try out.
    Might even see if Back Alley Music will bring along some Amps, if we get enough response they should be up for it.
  • I'd be up for that.

I could bring an amp or two as well.

Rob.
  • i can bring a Friedman Pink Taco, a 1x12 and a 4x12

• This is looking promising guys........Lets keep it going and get some interest and if we get enough people attending, I will assure you of proper and complete organisation, hopefully a sponsor or 2 and we can hopefully provide the community with an interesting vid to watch with some proper sound so they too can experience the different amps with our guitars going thru them.
    If I can say I have x number of people confirmed attending, to some music shops, they will be likely to get onboard and wont want to miss the opportunity.  If people are going to be travelling, I am sure we can arrange sleeping digs for the night etc.
    I will get back on availability last 2 weeks Jan thru all of Feb of the 2 venues and we can arrive at 2 weekends to choose from.

• I think I can come to the ball
  • Could well be interested...
  • posted this in the original thread - 

if we did it in the rehearsal place they have a kit and bass rig, so we could get some tones in the context of a band too which might be fun

• I can bring an Evil Robot, AC15TV1 and Wienbrock, IF Im free on the day as I do lots of sunday afternoon gigs
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    Deffo possible, EVH 50 and a Matchless independence
  • Hi there,
    need some admin help.
    I am hoping to get some music shops on board, possible sponsor if event.  Bring lots of new amps for us to test out.
    I need some info on this site, ie bargaining power.
    How many members do we have on this forum?
    Any other info you feel may be of use in persuading local music business' to get involved.
    Thanks
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    edited September 2014
    @BilliBob Are you sure you're not overdoing this for the first meetup, mate? I'm not entirely sure we need business sponsorship. Wouldn't it be good if we could just hire somewhere for half a day and people bring along amps, guitars, effects  (plus whatever else might be interesting) and everyone contributes to the cost?

If you read the thread on the West London Gearfest below, it seems that's exactly what they did.

If it goes well and we're oversubscribed then we could definitely go bigger and get some vendors on board for a follow-up event.
  • Yes indeed I may be,  but what harm is there asking?
    I would certainly like to try a whole assortment of Mesa Boogies.
    No we certainly dont NEED any sponsorship, agreed it would only be a couple quid each for a whole afternoon/evening slot.
    But if we are going to get enough people, which upon it all depends, it may be good to have some Sponsors.  It certainly isnt going to cost anything is it?
    We also have loads of time to get it sorted.
    None of them might be remotely interested, we wont know if we dont ask.  I can certainly manage their expectations regards number of attendee's, explaining that this hopefully is something we could turn into a yearly event which may grow each time.  They may want to get on board at the beginning.
    At present there are only a handfull of people registered an interest.  Wonder if there would be greater uptake if I could say, yes there will be x....y...z amps there to try and it wont cost you a penny to attend.
    If you guys definitely dont want it going that way, let me know.  All suggestions and opinions are very welcome, in fact required.
    Lets face it, I would be a little bit saddened, if it was just me turning up, with all manner of tasty gear to test out, at volume.
    If its only going to be 6 or 7 people then its a bit dead in the water.
    I really do like the idea of it though so I am happy to try to make it as interesting and enjoyable as possible.
  • OK, I see your reasoning and I'm in anyway! For me, I have a bunch of pedals and I'll bring along an Egnater Rebel 30. I'd be happy with 6-7 people as there will be a bunch of amps and guitars and effects that I'd never have tried anyway.
  • part of the appeal of an event like this for me is to be able to try gear that you don't see in shops and in an environment that doesn't exist in shops, i.e. at proper volume, without anyone trying to sell anything.