SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Old Guitar Magazines

What's Hot
dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
edited July 2022 in Misc £
Trying to have a clearout, and this is a first pass at my guitar magazine collection. There will be more! There's some old ones from the nineties and up to the 2010s. Anyway - picture.

As to value - no idea, but let's say £40 and very happy to hear trades or offers. A reverb pedal would be perfect. Would much much prefer collection
Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Bump

• moremore Frets: 230
    Sadly, old mags have no value, some charity shops will take them .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    more said:
    Sadly, old mags have no value, some charity shops will take them .
    I would - politely! - disagree. Even a cursory search of eBay completed items shows plenty of older guitar magazines sell regularly - a few for £5-£10 each. I think there's about eighty or so magazines in this bundle: if anyone wanted a few specific ones - there are several copies of Guitarist magazines from the 90s, Bernard Butler is on the cover of one for example - a job lot which worked out at (I think..) about 50p a copy might be a decent way to get hold of them.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    You’re both sort of right. You might shift them on eBay but historically it’s always proved hard to sell mags on here. A lot of folk (me included) have ended up just giving them away rather than recycling them. You might get lucky though. 
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1121
    Most people wanted the old 'guitar techniques' magazines. It came with full backing tracks and the tab inside. I don't think 'guitarist' magazine has the same demand.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    How young do Bernard Butler and Rich Robinson look on those 90s covers?! Who knows where the time goes, eh?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 993
    ...the interview that led to Brett finally tossing the dummy and Bernard leaving Suede.

Er, allegedly.
  • supessupes Frets: 200
    Best way i found of selling them is in batches of around 8 mags and sell for a tenner on ebay. They do sell individually, sometimes for £5 or more, but they can take months to shift. Just depends how much time/effort you want to put into it. I sold a few "bathes" then gave the ones that didn't sell to charity shops.