Joni Mitchell

What's Hot
ColsCols Frets: 7727
Great to see Joni Mitchell performing in public again, for the first time in 9 years.  And at the Newport Folk Festival, no less.

https://youtu.be/F8PfSzwA-Y4 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
    edited July 2022
    Sad to see her so reduced, prefer to remember…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOKESEtmhis
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5318
    Saw she was trending on Twitter and feared the worst. Glad she's still with us. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3594
    [subscribed for YouTube recommendations]
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    Still my favourite Joni experience

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 222
    This almost always brings a tear in my eye…

https://youtu.be/y0YkM4SGg4c
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jo-to-poJo-to-po Frets: 141
    It was nice to see, just about. When she stayed in her comfortable vocal range she sounded great. I do wish that her mate next to her would give the overblown wailing a bit of a rest though - I get that Joni can't make certain notes anymore, but maybe support her rather than just caterwauling over her.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7727
    Jo-to-po said:
    It was nice to see, just about. When she stayed in her comfortable vocal range she sounded great. I do wish that her mate next to her would give the overblown wailing a bit of a rest though - I get that Joni can't make certain notes anymore, but maybe support her rather than just caterwauling over her.
    I quite agree.  I get that it was Brandi Carlile's slot on the bill and that Joni's appearance was an unexpected treat, but it would have been better if she'd steered clear of singing at the same time as Joni.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    I’m a massive Joni Fanboi, and was so jealous when Rick Beato got to go to dinner with her….His reaction was priceless  <3
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    There's also a video on YouTube from this performance doing Both Sides Now, and while yes it's sad to see how she is now, that performance has definitely still got it. A real artist
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1121
    I don't know who that woman is in the brightly coloured outfit, but I'm shocked at the amount of hatred I'm directing right at her, just based on a few seconds of footage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7727
    Keiko said:
    I don't know who that woman is in the brightly coloured outfit, but I'm shocked at the amount of hatred I'm directing right at her, just based on a few seconds of footage.
    That’s a bit harsh.  She persuaded Joni back to the stage, I’m grateful to her.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1121
    edited July 2022
    Cols said:
    Keiko said:
    That’s a bit harsh.  She persuaded Joni back to the stage, I’m grateful to her.
    Can she be any more patronising about it though?

Also the way she leaves her hand hanging in the air. I really hate it when people do that.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    Joni Mitchell playing live again in any guise is a thrill for me. She’s showing us where she is in life, which is something to celebrate, I think. 

I remember watching this show in the ‘80s:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjFRO2Ldb6k

What a band, what an artist…
  • ghadghad Frets: 53
    Some tasty chops in this cover of Joni's Don't Interrupt the Sorrow. I spy a KTR...

https://youtu.be/d3op0aiN4hc
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    There’s a good article in today’s Times about how Brandi Carlisle worked with Joni over the years to make it happen.
    Her voice has changed a bit but her spirit is as strong as ever and that performance was majestic.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.