SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

£700: 1980 Greco Super Real PB700 'Brazen Picker' P-Bass (relisted, price drop)

What's Hot
HPurserHPurser Frets: 35
edited August 2022 in Basses £
1980 Greco Super Real PB700 'Brazen Picker' P-Bass, recent full set-up and fret-dress, all-original, nitro finish, plays like a dream with a Jazz-bass nut width (which was factory-standard). Please see photos for condition: a fair amount of cosmetic wear, but nothing structural. Lots of fakes around these days, but look closely at the headstock logo: the broad 'O' in 'Professional' is something that the fakers haven't cottoned on to. Also, most of the sold PB700 listings I've seen are not PB700s, but inferior models and/or years of manufacture. Caveat emptor.

For those not clued-up on the 'lawsuit' era of Japanese copies, the Super Real series is one of the most collectible, with quality second to none. The PB700 was the top of the line p-bass and gets you pretty close to that vintage Fender feel and sound at a fraction of the price.

Questions welcome - reason for sale is that I've just built a p-bass with a very narrow bridge spacing that I'm more used to (I learned on an Aria SB-series bass) and so just won't end up playing the Greco as much as it deserves.

Pickup from Nottingham preferred, drop-off in London possible, but will also source a hard case and ship worldwide in that at buyer's cost.

More pics here (click)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments