Friends - legato speed

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
Enjoying learning this at the moment. What I like are all the little melodic touches- all the little slides, bends and inflexions that make this a great piece imho. Even I sound half decent playing it.

https://youtu.be/IYgbaM0uCu4

There is a couple of bloody fast legato passages starting at 1.41 and 2.16 that are rather challenging. Building up slowly but I suspect it may take some time to get there….
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7228
    By the time I heard Satriani's "The Extremist" album I had already heard Pete Haycock's "Guitar and Son" album a number of years beforehand but hadn't listened to it for several years.  Every time I listened to "Friends" I had a nagging feeling I had heard the song before.  It took many more years until it finally clicked that Friends was vaguely similar in some respects to Pete Haycocks song "The Claymore", although the latter is obviously far less complex.  Good luck with Friends.  It' a beautiful song and I was able to find my way around some of it, but the faster parts really got me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Progress update- rather shit version but made it all the way through at 81bpm. Original at 86. My fingers are now very hurty!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom