PRS Trem screws?

What's Hot
Managed to snap a screw on the trem on my CE24, and struggling to find replacements in the UK. Does anyone know where I can get replacement screws please, specifically the ones with the notch under the screw head? 
Thanks. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74484
    https://uk.prsaccessories.com/collections/bridges-bridge-parts/products/tremolo-bridge-mounting-screws

There are also substitute ones on Ebay for about half the price… depends if you want to take the chance!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393590579061

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15264
    I may have six "mk1" notched pivot screws stashed away.

Roughly twenty years ago, I treated my 1993 Custom to the late Nineties Upgrade Kit. This consisted mainly of 24 assorted brass screws to replace the steel originals on the bridge plus a simulated sweet switch load network and some weight reducing parts for the locking 'heads.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.

Roughly twenty years ago, I treated my 1993 Custom to the late Nineties Upgrade Kit. This consisted mainly of 24 assorted brass screws to replace the steel originals on the bridge plus a simulated sweet switch load network and some weight reducing parts for the locking 'heads.
    Interesting… for pivot screws I would consider steel an upgrade over brass every time. In fact for all screws on a bridge really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Dan_1Dan_1 Frets: 98

Thanks. PM’d you. 
  • ICBM said:

Interesting… for pivot screws I would consider steel an upgrade over brass every time. In fact for all screws on a bridge really.
    It wasn’t the pivot screws; just the intonation and height ones, saddle springs, as well as a new nylon bushing and tension screw for the trem arm iirc?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

It wasn’t the pivot screws; just the intonation and height ones, saddle springs, as well as a new nylon bushing and tension screw for the trem arm iirc?
    Even so, I can’t see why you would want to replace those with brass. Steel is far less likely to get chewed up or stripped.

A new arm bushing I can understand…

Dan_1 said:

Thanks. PM’d you. 
    Hello mate. Haven’t heard back from the PM, so just checking you saw it? PRS are out of stock of the nickel ones, and the only other option is almost £17 for one screw!
    Cheers. 
    Dan_1 said:

the only other option is almost £17 for one screw!
    No, it’s a set of 6. Still not cheap, but not as silly as that.

• PhilMPhilM Frets: 280
    I think I have a set of PRS steel Trem Screws - let me go and have a rummage 
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 280
    PhilM said:
    I think I have a set of PRS steel Trem Screws - let me go and have a rummage 
    Found them - I do indeed have a set of new and unused set of steel mounting screws 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15264
    Dan_1 said:
    Haven’t heard back from the PM, so just checking you saw it? PRS are out of stock of the nickel ones and the only other option is almost £17 for one screw!
    Mea culpa. 

@guitargeek62 is correct. My Nineties PRS Upgrade Kit included brass replacement intonation and saddle height screws NOT the fulcrum pivot screws.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Thanks all. Super helpful as always. Forum community strikes again! 

You’re right @ICBM, misread the listing. Looked like £16+ per screw at first glance! 
    Definitely take PhilM up on the offer - being genuine PRS ones they will have identical threads so they won’t cut new ones in the body. Make sure they ‘find’ the old threads by turning them backwards until they click in. New non-PRS ones might not match so perfectly.