24 fret T-Style

With the finish line in sight for my first attempt at building a guitar from bits my thoughts are turning to ‘the next one’. I think I’d like to build -  from parts - a 24 fret T-Style, I’ve had a good result with a Guitarbuild body so would be happy enough to go with them for this one, so far so good, but I don’t know where I’d get a 24 fret neck (maybe I could commission one from one of the regular builders on here?) or if I’d need to modify the body to take the 24 fret neck! I know of at least one builder here that sells kits it may be that that’s the best way to do it - at least the parts would definitely match.
Can anyone offer any advice? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15264
    I suspect that it would be easier and cheaper to obtain a regular body and a neck that has the last few frets on a fingerboard overhang.

The body probably needs to have rear-access controls and only be top routed for the bridge and bridge pickup. You will have to make the neck pickup rout yourself.

TBH, after seeing a friend's Charvel Pro Mode Style 2, I am not particularly enamoured of a 24-fret T style with a hacked up vintage outline pickguard.

YMMV.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 265
    I suspect that it would be easier and cheaper to obtain a regular body and a neck that has the last few frets on a fingerboard overhang.

The body probably needs to have rear-access controls and only be top routed for the bridge and bridge pickup. You will have to make the neck pickup rout yourself.

TBH, after seeing a friend's Charvel Pro Mode Style 2, I am not particularly enamoured of a 24-fret T style with a hacked up vintage outline pickguard.

YMMV.
    Cheers @Funkfingers I didn’t know Charvel did something similar! 
    TBH it was the neck rout I was unsure about, I had a feeling it would need to be longer in a std body but then access to the higher frets would be limited. Looks like I’d need a custom body and a custom neck as internet searches haven’t shown up much in the way of parts. Or splurge out on a Suhr! (Or Charvel!) and miss out on the ‘fun’ bit of assembling it all! 
    This \/ is along the lines of what I’m trying to achieve - no hacked up pickguard and maybe not humbuckers! 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15264
    edited August 2022
    Judging by that photograph, Suhr has done a better job of balancing the looks and fingerboard access than Charvel. 

Loosing the pickguard is a major factor in this. The Charvel Pro Mod Style 2 looks better when the 'guard is the same colour as the body. My friend had the Natural finish. Clear plastic would have been a better choice for it than matt black.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.