SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

.strandberg* Boden Original 6 - Headless, Multiscale, Suhr SSH+/SSV pickups, Red Flame Maple SOLD

What's Hot
MARVlNMARVlN Frets: 114
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
The Boden Original 6
It's a very lightweight (2.3kg), ergonomic ('Endurneck' neck profile, which is deceivingly comfortable; the shape which is perfect for playing sitting down (although I don't); headless, so perfect control over the angle at which it sits), whilst still sounding like a proper guitar (chambered maple top/swamp ash body, Suhr SSH and SSV pickups). The multiscale is subtle, with the zero-fret acting as the 'perpendicular' fret, then the frets fanning one direction down the neck from there. The scale length is 25" on the high-E, making bends smoother/easier, whilst the low-E scale is 25.5" for more tension.

This example
  • The original five way switch has been changed for a Freeway six-position switch. This is essentially two rows (think like a manual gearbox) of three positions - upper is split/single coil, lower is humbucker. The switch then acts like a normal three way switch (neck/both/bridge). Brilliantly useful thing.
  • The finish is satin, although the more-touched areas are turning glossier
  • The strap has left some marks around the strap pins and there are a few small knocks on the 'headstock'.
  • The original (and very good!) gigbag is included, as is the original set-up paperwork (the guitars are manufactured in Indonesia by Cort, then shipped to Sweden for setup and QA) and tools.

Nitty gritty
£1,350 £1,250 £1150 Boxing day sale@ £999 - SOLD.

I'm not keen on shipping guitars, and would much rather meet in person. That means both you and I are happy before any exchange of either guitar or money. I live in Maidstone, Kent, and will happily drive a reasonable distance if necessary.

Shipping wouldn't be impossible if a confirmed insured solution is found, I do still have the original shipping box.

Trades
I'd consider trades, generally from the following (not an exhaustive list):
  • All solid Jumbo or Dreadnought acoustic
  • Musicman-style bass, or a Dingwall
  • Multi-channel amp like a Diezel D-Moll

Specs
  • 4A Flame Maple top (which is nowhere near as pink as the pictures look - it's a mid-deep red in reality)
  • Swamp Ash body
  • Roasted maple neck w/ carbon reinforcement and 'Endurneck' profile
  • Roasted Birdseye maple fretboard
  • 24 Jescar 51100 Stainless Steel Fres
  • 25 - 25.5" scale length
  • Just 2.3kg
  • Neck pickup: Suhr SSV
  • Bridge pickup: Suhr SSH+

Pictures
Everyone's favourite bit:

The Freeway switch set to bridge single coil:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MARVlNMARVlN Frets: 114
    Price drop to £1,325. Offers welcome
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Price drop to £1,250. Don't think I'll go any lower than that - I'd just keep it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Still here, sitting in its lovely gigbag in the original box waiting for a new owner...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Will consider trades if it means I can sell something else I have. Just send me a message with what you've got.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    What a peach! Love the look of them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said:
    What a peach! Love the look of them

Fingers crossed that someone who needs one does! =)

For trades, I think I'm most tempted by a Tele (or similar), a jumbo acoustic, or a Musicman or Dingwall bass. I'm pretty well covered for amps and pedals, but again, you never know! No Strats though - really don't get on with the volume control placement, I always find I'm suspiciously quiet mid-song.

• I’ve been eyeing this up for a while now. Guessing that an Ibanez Paul Gilbert is not of interest? Also got a PRS SE277 Baritone. 
  • Oh and I’m local and in Maidstone every week
    I’ve been eyeing this up for a while now. Guessing that an Ibanez Paul Gilbert is not of interest? Also got a PRS SE277 Baritone. 

Ah, they might have been, but the IPG has too short a scale for me, and both are too narrow at the nut for my preference - which is the main reason I play my Ormsby much more than the Strandberg now - 46mm nut width and a 25.5 - 27.5" scale are really comfortable for me.
  • Wow that is a pretty wide nut! I have a PRS SE Chris Robertson as well but I’m guessing that’s too narrow and too short
    It might be 45mm - difficult to measure when it's that slanted - but it's more acoustic than electric spacing which is really nice. It is very unusual for an electric though.
    Bump, probably open to sensible offers. Slightly unusual stuff like resonators, lap steels or a 12 string electric are all on the radar too for whole or partial trade
    Bump, and I've added specs and trades to the OP, which I very much should have done earlier.
    Bump. I'm sure someone in the universe is interested in this lovely Strandberg for £700 less than the new price?
    Bump
  • Honestly GAS-sing. GLWTS.
    Bump again!
    And it's a "we're about to exchange and my future in hobbies is dissolving before me" bump
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom