SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Charvel San Dimas I or II Koa (C.1995)

What's Hot
Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1766
edited August 2022 in Guitars £
Hi all,

I’m looking at one of these for sale at present having missed out on one a month or so ago. 

Does anyone have one available at the moment?

I’ve seen that a few of these changed hands on the Fretboard over the years - perhaps they are still floating about?

I’m not too fussy on whether it has a Floyd or Wilkinson trem.

Here’s the original ad:

Best regards,
Ben.
I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
* Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
* Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZappleZapple Frets: 95
    There’s one up on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195255027972 at the moment (not mine!)
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1766
    Zapple said:
    There’s one up on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195255027972 at the moment (not mine!)
    I am absolutely eying that one up :)

I do want to see if any of the FB members had one sitting potentially in better condition or with the choice of an OFR.

This guitar is a bit out of my lane (not a Hamer of EBMM) so I do need a bit of a steer from the crowd! Plus it would be nice to put a deal through the FB community.

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    I love those 1995 Charvel SD models - I've had 3 of them and they're just awesome - probably my favourite Charvels ever!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    RevMatt said:
    I love those 1995 Charvel SD models - I've had 3 of them and they're just awesome - probably my favourite Charvels ever!
    Thanks old sausage! I did notice you had sold one a few years back - would you choose the FR version via the Wilkinson?

- I’m in two minds about the latter as I didn’t enjoy the one which was on my old Berlin Pro (the wrongun!) but am fine with an FR

Gis a steer, gov :)

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
    I've had an SDI, II and IV, so 2 with Floyds and 1 with the Wilkinson - I guess the Wilkinson is a little more in keeping with the recent shift away from Floyds in favour of a non-locking trem with locking tuners, but equally there is the view that a real superstrat is only a superstrat if it has a Floyd Rose 

Personally I like both systems - the Wilkinson is very good and doesn't suffer the marmite effect of the convertible unit used on the Berlin Pro, but there is that something about a well set up Floyd on a guitar like that - if I was buying, the FR version might just win it for me, but it would be a close call.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nice one thank you @RevMatt ;