Les Paul Jr kit?

What's Hot
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a place to buy a quality Les Paul Jr kit? Fancy knocking one together myself.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15264
    Gotta be worth contacting @GSPBASSES ;

There are Internet sellers offering kits but the affordable ones tend to have screw-on necks and the decent ones are at prices high enough that you might as well just buy a Harley-Benton or a JHS/Vintage and order the aftermarket P90 dogear pickup of your choice.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    edited August 2022 tFB Trader
    Gotta be worth contacting @GSPBASSES ;;

There are Internet sellers offering kits but the affordable ones tend to have screw-on necks and the decent ones are at prices high enough that you might as well just buy a Harley-Benton or a JHS/Vintage and order the aftermarket P90 dogear pickup of your choice.

Throughout August and September I am offering hardware kits when purchasing a body and neck together. The kit will contain everything you need to build the guitar except for materials for Finishing. The basic kits will be all Wilkinson parts, plus CTS pots while stocks last. Prices start at £50 for a Wilkinson kit, the Wilkinson pickups can be replaced with Oil City plus £70, or I have a few Bare Knuckle sets which would add about £110 to the kit. The higher-priced kits are limited to approximately six sets.

. There will also be a limited number of LP Junior kits available in September, the hardware kit will be slightly more expensive as I'm only supplying high-quality hand wound P 90s.

Any necks or bodies (excluding set neck guitar) ordered in August and September will be post free.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15264
    Those look like great deals.

My comment about choosing a replacement pickup before one's Harley-Benton instrument has even arrived was a feeble satire on some of the Discussions that have occurred on this forum in recent months.

I'm no better. I wish that I had ordered a matching neck when I bought a Fender-bird body earlier this year.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1822
    Always late to answer these things but a big +1 for GSP I own a number of his Juniors and they are really very good. Plus the parts kit makes it a snip. Yeah, there is the forever cheap HB option but I always feel with a kit build more achievement for doing the final sanding finishing, maybe slimming the neck a little for my smaller hands all give a greater sense of ownership and satisfaction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    tFB Trader
    The photo below is one of the kits I'll be selling. This guitar is a "B" grade, there is nothing wrong with the guitar apart from the back of the neck, the centre of the laminate is a different colour to the outer laminates, see second photo.

Hardware kit that goes with this body consist of a set of vintage style tuners, CTS parts, orange drop capacitor, all necessary wiring, jack plate with socket, rap over bridge. Tortoiseshell pick guard, black control cover. The pickup is a hand wound dogeared P90 from hot rod pick ups.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom