SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On Hold - LF Jam Buddies in Oldham ??

maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
edited November 2022 in Personnel
Around 8 months ago, I was fortunate enough to be invited into a "practising" band  . . . I'm 59 now and haven't really gigged since I was 27 so I was surprised and flattered. The Band play mostly covers but did have some original stuff that I was shown on one occasion.

The Practice Sessions were very sporadic and never regular with months passing between and eventually ground to a halt . . Due to the length of time between Practice Sessions, it was like starting from scratch every time and a little frustrating, that said I was still enthusiastic and flattered to be there and very thankful of the opportunity. The Band did me a favour and I'm eternally grateful to them for that. 

What that experience did give me was a renewed enthusiasm to play with a band . . . Not necessarily to gig, but just to wig out with a few like minded, enthusiastic Jam Buddies . . . I have access to a Practice Room at £11 an hour and just wondered if there were any similar Guitar / Bass / Drummers about in Oldham, ideally, that had couple of hours spare time each week to get together and have a laugh . . . There is a Drum Kit, PA & Mike provided with the Practice Room  . . .    
Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• oooooh sounds interesting,I'll have to check my passport but yea especially if there's a whiff of improv
    {I'm a lazy learner].
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom